Trade in Note 2 for LG Optimus G Pro?

adam1314#IM

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I have 5 days left to return my Note 2 and was considering the LG OG Pro. 32GB, 1080p screen, and I really like the notification light. I really do love my Note 2 but am wondering if I shouldn't go with the higher specs since I will have this for at least a year. Positives for the Note 2 over OG Pro are Samsung historically updates software more often than LG, it's easier to find accessories for, and the S pen is pretty nice (if you use it). Has anyone else traded a Note 2 in for a OG Pro? Why do you prefer one over the other?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2

limitbreak09

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Same situation right here, well im due for an upgrade and my choices are note 2 or OGPro. I picked note and will get it next week. Battery life matters to me and note 2 is superb with that area unlike lgpro. OGPro is 1080p and note is 720p so we know that 1080p of OG will drain more battery.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AC Forums mobile app

Jason Johnson4

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
Having switched from Note 2 to OGPRO, let me say the stand by battery on Pro is much better then the Note, but screen on time is worse due to the HD display, but if you are using music or background syncing, Pro crushed Note. I never took to the S-pen myself, so that had no impact for me. I prefer the LG OS, dont care for some things in Touchwiz. Pro is hands down faster throughout the device, just zippy performance. Back speaker volume on Note 2 is better then Pro. Calls about same. Screen on Pro is amaZing, took it over S4 and One, I just loved the look of it. Cameras are a draw really.
But you get into the phone and just some of the features, they are more useable on a daily basis for me, just works better.
just my 2 cents. Please ask anything, if I can help I will.

Onemoa

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
I have 5 days left to return my Note 2 and was considering the LG OG Pro. 32GB, 1080p screen, and I really like the notification light. I really do love my Note 2 but am wondering if I shouldn't go with the higher specs since I will have this for at least a year. Positives for the Note 2 over OG Pro are Samsung historically updates software more often than LG, it's easier to find accessories for, and the S pen is pretty nice (if you use it). Has anyone else traded a Note 2 in for a OG Pro? Why do you prefer one over the other?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2

I would say the biggest reason to go with the G Pro is for the display. I wouldn't go tour hardware. The Note 2 has great hardware and will keep up for at least a year.

The reason I would stay with the Note 2 is because of the S-Pen it's great for just normal tasks let alone all the other stuff you can do with it.

The Display of the Note 2 is also great though. So it would be hard to go with the G Pro. Another thing is the UI. Do you like Touch-Wiz? As well as roming, do you root and ROM? The Note 2 has great developer's and will continue to release great ROM's.

I love my Note 2 but I will say that Samsung is not updating our devices as they should be. We should have 4.2.2 and the new Touch-Wiz UI 2.0 but Samsung is going to release there Note 3 before we get our update. If these rumors are true and Samsung is holding the update so they can sell more Note 3's

My next device will either be LG or HTC depending on the way things go in the next year.

The Note 2 is a great phone as it is. I use don't want to deal with a company that will delay an update to people that already bought there device. So they can sell more Note 3's. Since it will have the latest software.

So basically I'm just waiting to see if Samsung releases the Note 3 before they release the update for our Note 2 that we should have got this month.

So I would say it's kinda a hard choice for you. If you want to own a product that will get updates on time and not get pushed to the side for there next device...

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Onemoa

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Here check this out if you haven't. Read the whole thing.

http://m.gsmarena.com/lg_optimus_g_pro_vs_samsung_galaxy_note_ii-review-911p3.php

The Note 2 wins. If you don't want to read it.

The Note 2 has better battery life across the bored. Only thing the G Pro beats it in is calling time. But everything else is a win for the Note 2.

I guess that alone would make me stay with the Note 2. You can never get enough battery life. If it was only by minutes it would be one thing but the Note 2 beats it by hours.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I would say the biggest reason to go with the G Pro is for the display. I wouldn't go tour hardware. The Note 2 has great hardware and will keep up for at least a year.

The reason I would stay with the Note 2 is because of the S-Pen it's great for just normal tasks let alone all the other stuff you can do with it.

The Display of the Note 2 is also great though. So it would be hard to go with the G Pro. Another thing is the UI. Do you like Touch-Wiz? As well as roming, do you root and ROM? The Note 2 has great developer's and will continue to release great ROM's.

I love my Note 2 but I will say that Samsung is not updating our devices as they should be. We should have 4.2.2 and the new Touch-Wiz UI 2.0 but Samsung is going to release there Note 3 before we get our update. If these rumors are true and Samsung is holding the update so they can sell more Note 3's

My next device will either be LG or HTC depending on the way things go in the next year.

The Note 2 is a great phone as it is. I use don't want to deal with a company that will delay an update to people that already bought there device. So they can sell more Note 3's. Since it will have the latest software.

So basically I'm just waiting to see if Samsung releases the Note 3 before they release the update for our Note 2 that we should have got this month.

So I would say it's kinda a hard choice for you. If you want to own a product that will get updates on time and not get pushed to the side for there next device...

Iirc, the att htc one x got jelly bean in march 13, the att Samsung Galaxy s3 got jelly bean in December 12.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

Onemoa

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Having switched from Note 2 to OGPRO, let me say the stand by battery on Pro is much better then the Note, but screen on time is worse due to the HD display, but if you are using music or background syncing, Pro crushed Note. I never took to the S-pen myself, so that had no impact for me. I prefer the LG OS, dont care for some things in Touchwiz. Pro is hands down faster throughout the device, just zippy performance. Back speaker volume on Note 2 is better then Pro. Calls about same. Screen on Pro is amaZing, took it over S4 and One, I just loved the look of it. Cameras are a draw really.
But you get into the phone and just some of the features, they are more useable on a daily basis for me, just works better.
just my 2 cents. Please ask anything, if I can help I will.

Yeah that's the best thing about the LG OGPro. The display is amazing when looking at it close. Allot of detail because of it being RGB 1080p I do wonder though. The CPU, does it also effect battery drainage on screen. Or does it help?

I'm wondering about the Note 3 if they make it to it's highest standards like they did with the Note 2. It should have a Octa-Core CPU. Either a RGB AMOLED display or the same display as the LG OG Pro. If it has the same display as the S4 then that would just suck. The battery will probably be a 3600 MAH if they do it right the Note 3 could be a very nice device.

I'm just not buying another Samsung device unless they update our Note 2 to 4.2.2 well before the Note 3 is released. I'm going with LG, HTC or Motorola. For my next device. It won't be until sometime next year but still.

I'm not going to deal with Samsung pushing there top device to the side so they can work on the next version of there phone. We should have got 4.2.2 in may. Then Samsung delays it. How long are they going to delay it.. Samsung will be losing a customer well 4 of them if they don't release it this month.

MercuryStar

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Remember that the Octa-core Exynos CPU is a misleading marketing gimmick - the CPU can only use 4 of its cores at once and thus presents itself as a quad-core device. The extra cores are for a low-processing-power mode and are only used when not using the high-power cores. It doesn't buy much more processing power or energy but is purely an engineering decision, and compared to comparable Qualcomm chips labelled more correctly as "quad core" it basically does the same thing but in a different way - the decision to market it as an "octa-core" device because of the way they've engineered its power state switching is what's misleading.

Onemoa

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Yeah but that's the point. You have 4 cores for high end use and 4 cores that use very little power for email, texting, web surfing.

It's not misleading at all if you look into the reason of the Octa-Core. If you look at the Galaxy S4 that uses that CPU. It gets much better stand by time and about an hour and a half more on screen time.

Phones have all the power they need. From now on its more about battery life. The S600 version doesn't get as much better life as the Octa-Core version.

Also, to the OP. I think you should wait and get the LG Optimus G2. It look's like a better device then the G Pro.

Or just get the Note 2. You will be able to get it for cheap. Then sell it when a phone you want more comes out. I would wait for the G2, it's looking to be a very nice device as far as the leaks that where released today.

There are also more leaks about the Note 3. How there might be 4 version's of it, ect. All I know is the Note 2 is a great device as is and you can't go wrong.

If I had the choice to take back my Note 2 for the LG OG Pro. I would stick with the Note 2. Then maybe get the LG options G2.

But that's just me. I hope you're happy with the choice you make and good luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34