Need the SMS from my iphone to my new SAMSUNG NOTE 2.

Somdk

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone,

Got my new GT N7100 delivered today...i think i am slowly seting up with use, i am a bit low as i have many many important sms back on my iphone...is there a way to get set up on this Note 2 ?
I also had GT S7562 for the last 4 months as well, but i am no where near to doing all those customisation that everyone here is very able of..

Sent from my GT-S7562 using AC Forums mobile app

Last edited:

Somdk

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Ok. Thanks alot. The Smart Switch picked up Contacts, Sms, Music, Vids, and all the other data Except Memo.

I thought they too got bavkuped every time i made a back up. Also there were synced into Outlook 2007 evry now and then when i docked into the pc.

Those memos if possible tp be transfered into my Note 2 would also assist me. Is there another way for it ? - to have all my previous notes in the Note 2 Notes app ?

Cosmo11

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Samsung Software will work if you use iOS5 or less. If its iOS6 you will need to do it with iSMS2droid. Google it and there will be many pages telling you how to do it. I believe the website faked is the best one

Somdk

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Samsung Software will work if you use iOS5 or less. If its iOS6 you will need to do it with iSMS2droid. Google it and there will be many pages telling you how to do it. I believe the website faked is the best one

Luckily.

Mine was a very early model of iphone, the 3gs model, and at one point i decided not to update the ios as when the new ones came out. I had a stable working old laptop without the net connection on which the appropiate desktop manager worked well. Otherwise Apple does something when it notices a mismatch between iphone ios and thr desktop manager version, forcing people to upgrade both.

The Samsung Smart Switch worked well for all the data other than the MENO. i am still frantically looking out for ways to get them into S-Notes....

Last edited:

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Itunes doesnt back up said memos? Which app are you using in ios to do the memos?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Somdk

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Itunes doesnt back up said memos? Which app are you using in ios to do the memos?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

I used just itunes to back up my iphone. And untill now my icloud backup was disabled. So i thought all data, including notes would be backed up. I am running windows 7 on my desktop by the way. So back to the point, and yes, i always did find all my iphone notes in Outlook. And while this change over to Samsung, as instructed, i did take a fresh backup, (with the backup to icloud and all sub-setting set to OFF). and then went to on to use Samsung Smart Switch....and then all data - contacts, vids, music, bookmarks, all were picked up, but not the Memos...

I dont know why this is happening...

Any way to fix this ?

Somdk

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
I am out for for work...and i left the iphone back home...so i cant try this process right now... il definately update here about the outcomes once i do it after reaching home.

Thanks for help :)

Somdk

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
This may help per the Memo to Notes sync How to switch from iPhone to Android | How To - CNET

May not fully get the memos into S Note, but will get them on your Note 2

Ok, as only the memo was last remaining problem, i tried the steps for transfering memos from the provided link.

I had 3 gmail ids synced in that iphone, made sure only one account had the SYNC MEMO set to ON, made sure backup to icloud was off, and even then no memo turned out on the concerned google gmail drive section.

Dont know whats happening.

For the time being i am individually transferring one memo at a time when and where needed into S Note from Evernote.

I think i will have to do with Evernote. Its otherwise a really nice and very useful application i think. Now that i have no other way, I can do a few extra flicks here and there to manage these notes. :)

On GT-N7100 with AC Forums mobile app

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Cool, glad to hear you got something working. Lots of good ideas shared by everyone here. Wish there was an easier option for the memo migration.

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
The more I think about it, good call on going with Evernote. It's multi platform support should allow more flexibility should anyone change from Android to iOS, or BlackBerry. That's one reason I went with SugarSync for photos.

I also remembered that my transition from iPhone to Android was a bit less complicated since I setup the Memo sync to Gmail when I had the S3. No challenges with porting or migrating over to S Notes.

Even though Google has a great cloud enabled app portfolio, I'm hesitant to fully lock myself into one vendors universe as I may one day decide to move away from Android just as I have before from Windows Mobile, BlackBerry, and iOS.