Note 2 screen becomes unresponsive !

PAC757

Trusted Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Hello I looked and didn't see anyone else comment or post this problem. The screen on my Note 2 just randomly becomes unresponsive, I mean nothing nada. No response to touching any apps slide down notification center. The only things that work are the hardware keys..ie power button home button and volume rocker. I am stock no root, no ROMs, and no screen protector or film. And no I didn't get it wet, bought this phone right after it was released and up till now it's been fine. Also didn't take out insurance on it. Has anyone else had this issue?

BobR1908

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Hello I looked and didn't see anyone else comment or post this problem. The screen on my Note 2 just randomly becomes unresponsive, I mean nothing nada. No response to touching any apps slide down notification center. The only things that work are the hardware keys..ie power button home button and volume rocker. I am stock no root, no ROMs, and no screen protector or film. And no I didn't get it wet, bought this phone right after it was released and up till now it's been fine. Also didn't take out insurance on it. Has anyone else had this issue?

I have had this happen to me on almost every Android device I have ever owned. Regularly? No, but I can recall it happening on very rare occasions. I hit the home button, it brings me back to the home screen and everything is fine.

Because I have seen this on several devices and because it has been very rare I personally never let it bother me in thinking I had a defective phone in my hands.

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
For me, whenever this happens on my Nexus S, Gnex, and Note it's usually because of an ANR; app not responding. Once the app clears, all is right in the Android world again.

Sent via Note II