Should I buy the Note 2 or wait for 3?!

Thil

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Hello people!

I really want to buy the Note 2, but rumors say that Note 3 will be released in September 4. Should I wait? Or go for Note 2? :-\

limitbreak09

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Well..all I can say is...im getting my note 2 this sat..then wait for note 5 or S6 :D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AC Forums mobile app

zaydabarber

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Get the note 2 cause it will get Same software in long run just like When We get the 4.2.2 We have the features as galaxy s4

AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 2

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I have the note 2 now and plan on getting the note 3 when it comes out. I'd wait. Ya sine will say "just get it or you'll always be waiting" and while I agree with that, I think we are close to the reveal of the note 3. Wait and get more for your money.

KOOLWATER

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Just picked up the Note 2 today! Sooooo glad I didn't wait, this phone is awesome! You will not be disappointed either way so I say go for it now! :)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I got my note 2 a few months ago for $37. Imo if you can get the note 2 for a good price, go for it. Otherwise, wait for the note 3 to come out, then you can decide to save a bit with the note 2 or get the note 3

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using Tapatalk 2

Onemoa

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Go for the Note 2. I'm waiting for the Note 4.

Besides if they do use a pentile display on the Note 3 you'll the Note 2 will still be the better phone.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Lastnv

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
I would say just wait since September 4 is not that far away. If you're willing to wait a few months you'll have the newest phone on the market.
Having said that I love my Note 2, its still the same speed and battery life as the day I bought it. I'll be happily using this phone for at least another year or two.

- - - Updated - - -

I would say just wait since September 4 is not that far away. If you're willing to wait a few months you'll have the newest phone on the market.
Having said that I love my Note 2, its still the same speed and battery life as the day I bought it. I'll be happily using this phone for at least another year or two.

MercuryStar

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
If the reason you are thinking of a Note is the battery life, go for the Note 2. I'm predicting that the Note 3 won't have a significantly better battery life than the Note 2 the same way the Note 2's is significantly better than the Note 1. It could be a slight improvement, or it could be that the Note 2's will always have the longest battery life. I just think that since the SIII and iPhone5 phones we won't see any more significant boosts in battery life like that and that ~6 hrs for phones and ~8 hrs for phablets (screen-on time) is where it'll settle.

If the reason you are thinking of the Note is the screen, wait. A Note 3 released from now on, since it is a flagship device, will almost certainly have a 1080P screen, maybe even non-Pentile.

Onemoa

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
If you want it for use with the S-Pen then go for the Note 2. It's a great Device and you will be able to get the Note 2 for much cheaper then the Note 3.

Also if they release the Note 3 with the Octa-Core processor it will get about the same battery life since the display will use more battery due to it being 1080p if they release it with the S800 you won't get better battery life.

The other factor is the display there use. If it's pentile then the Note 2 will be a better phone all around. If it's a RGB AMOLED it should be amazing but I don't think that's going to happen. Just hope it's a IPS LCD or RGB AMOLED with the Octa-Core. If it's a pentile display then that would just suck.

So if I were you. I would look into what the rumors are from different sources. If it looks like it will have a pentile display go with the Note 2. If it has a RGB AMOLED or IPS like the OG Pro and Octa-Core CPU. It will be one awesome device. If it has the S800 it will be a good device but not as good battery life.

Check the rumor's. They are pretty right on. If you see more then one source saying it's going to be pentile then I would just pick up the Note 2. It's a great phone as it is and will be cheaper. You just can't beat that.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

vpblaze

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I would say go for the Note 2. I just picked up a Note 2 last week. It is a awesome phone with very little if anything wrong with it. Whatever kinks were there are now gone.
Also, my own opinion, I couldn't imagine using a phone with a bigger screen. Which the S3 will have. All be it will only be little bit bigger.
Plus, you can't go wrong with the price for such a great phone.

Posted via Android Central App on my Note 2!

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Yeah the note 2 or 3 or the gs4 is in the running for my upgrade in November. The note2 is still a good phone.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Victory LTE using Tapatalk 2

marcher22

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Iv just got the note 2 three days ago and it's definitely a great phone. The note 3 will be like the s4 in terms in of software, just like how the note 2 pairs with the s3. I doubt there will be any major improvements other than camera because Samsung has said that it will update its Note 2 phones to have all the same software features as the s4.

The note 2 is fast , has great battery life and takes excellent pictures and videos. There's not much more I could ask for.

Sent from my Note 2

Lastnv

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
The Note 3 is just going to be a minor spec bump with the latest firmware. I'm sure they'll be dropping Note 2 prices soon if you wanna save some $$$
I've never lagged on my Note 2, battery has never died...if a few more megapixels on the camera is worth another hundred dollars go for the Note 3.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
The Note 3 is just going to be a minor spec bump with the latest firmware. I'm sure they'll be dropping Note 2 prices soon if you wanna save some $$$
I've never lagged on my Note 2, battery has never died...if a few more megapixels on the camera is worth another hundred dollars go for the Note 3.

It would probably also be 1080p and use the snapdragon 800 (for US)

And for verizon, it would probably add band 4 lte support.

The Verizon Note II was $50 on contract in February, not sure how much lower it could go. Of course that was a promo price, similar to the att note 2 refurbished for nearly free

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

67srbell

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Are you guys crazy?? The Note 3 is supposed to have an unprecedented 3 GB of RAM!!! THATS INCREDIBLE FOR SMARTPHONE!!

Most PC's have 4 GB!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

Chris Allen7

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
It Depends if you want the latest thing or you wanna save money... i got my Note 2 (N7105 LTE) yesterday for only ?29 a month with no upfront cost. In three they recon the note 3 will be ?38-44 a Month and have a ?90 upfront cost! so got myself a bargain really!

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Are you guys crazy?? The Note 3 is supposed to have an unprecedented 3 GB of RAM!!! THATS INCREDIBLE FOR SMARTPHONE!!

Most PC's have 4 GB!!

They could just improve the DDR rating of the memory, instead of adding more of the same old tech. It would allow them to use less and save money, because the newer memory has higher transfer rates than what is currently used.

And most PCs sold now actually have 8, as windows 8 is just too junkified to be able to make effective use of only 4gb.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

67srbell

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
They could just improve the DDR rating of the memory, instead of adding more of the same old tech. It would allow them to use less and save money, because the newer memory has higher transfer rates than what is currently used.

And most PCs sold now actually have 8, as windows 8 is just too junkified to be able to make effective use of only 4gb.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Um... Okay.

All I know is that the N2 has 2gb of RAM and BLOWS AWAY the original Note which only had 1 GB.

3 GB of RAM on a smartphone is unprecedented.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crazyload03