08-02-2013 02:50 PM
68 123
tools
    The Note 2 is huge but don't kid yourself.. Iphones (most of them) with their 3.5" screens are fricken small lol. I mean seriously, the look tiny, so there cannot be more contrast in size between your Note and an iPhone.

Posted via Android Central App
    In 2009, the 3.5 inch was legend. Now, it's eye straining. I played around with my old iPhone 3GS and I really strained my eyes. Guess I am too used to huge screens, ha.

Sent from my HP Slate 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    agp101 likes this.
    07-08-2013 01:49 AM
    I have a co-worker and a rep salesman who have the Note 2 and I always thought it was too big to carry around. When I switched over from T-Mobile to AT&T I tried the HTC OneX+ and but wasn't happy with it not having the removable battery and no SD card so I switched to the Note 2. My wife thought I was crazy considering I had a BlackBerry 9900. Once I got used to the Note 2 it felt very comfortable in my hand and didn't feel awkward. I don't think I would ever go bigger though.
    07-08-2013 08:49 AM
    You are probably like most who prize bigger, shinier and loaded with things that are better installed on a tablet. You even specifically say that you rarely use it to make calls. You should be like some of us with better sensibilities and get a tablet with a 10 inch screen. You will even be able to see it better than on your oversized phone. Then, you can go back to a phone that you use to make calls (gee, I thought that was what a phone was for). One that you can readily carry in your pocket so that it is indeed mobile. I don't carry my phone to be used as a tablet. I carry it to make and receive telephone calls. That is really what a mobile telephone was originally designed to do. You could even get a Nexus 7 which is easier to see than your oversized phone, and go back to a convenient cell phone for doing what it was originally intended to do, namely making and receiving telephone calls.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD
    I don't want to carry two devices, and I still need something that makes calls. I also need something that easily fits in my pocket. A 10" or even a Nexus 7 are not options for me to carry around. I have several tablets that I use at home, and I certainly prefer using a tablet over a phone in terms of ease of reading, but for me, they are not convenient enough to carry around when I am or and about.

At the end of the day, the note 2 is a compromise for me, large enough to provide okay browsing and movies, but small enough to fit in my pocket comfortably.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II
    07-08-2013 09:35 AM
    I don't want to carry two devices, and I still need something that makes calls. I also need something that easily fits in my pocket. A 10" or even a Nexus 7 are not options for me to carry around. I have several tablets that I use at home, and I certainly prefer using a tablet over a phone in terms of ease of reading, but for me, they are not convenient enough to carry around when I am or and about.

At the end of the day, the note 2 is a compromise for me, large enough to provide okay browsing and movies, but small enough to fit in my pocket comfortably.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II
    If it's good for you, then it's good.

Sent from my HP Slate 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    07-08-2013 10:01 AM
    Sometimes I think the note 2 is too big for one handed use. My hand hurts a biy because its awkward to use in one hand. Its not that great for trying to send a quicj text.

Sent from my Note 2
    07-15-2013 04:39 PM
    Nope. I'm not a one handed user anyway... Although I do browse through the photo gallery and things like that with one hand... This phone is perfect for my personal needs and my artistic needs... The only thing that could replace it is another Note.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    07-16-2013 05:06 AM
    The Note 2 is huge but don't kid yourself.. Iphones (most of them) with their 3.5" screens are fricken small lol. I mean seriously, the look tiny, so there cannot be more contrast in size between your Note and an iPhone.

I saw a person with an iPhone 4S and it looked ridiculously small to me. It's amazing that there was a time that we thought the iPhone screen was huge.

sent from my Galaxy Note 2
    msndrstood, Somdk and cdf3 like this.
    07-16-2013 05:18 AM
    Bigger is better.

Sent from my SCH-R950 using AC Forums mobile app
    msndrstood likes this.
    07-18-2013 10:35 PM
    Hi Folks: I just got my Galaxy S4 last week. The size doesn't bother me, but people I show it to are certainly not shy about telling me how "big" it is. I can recall, not so long ago, when they were trying to make cell phones as small as they could, for whatever reason. I call that era "The Yelling Years" because the mouthpiece was so far away you had to yell to make sure people could hear you. I had traded in an LG Enlighten (3G) which I liked but now that I have the big screen I'm a happy guy.
    07-31-2013 12:59 AM
    Heh, I remember when the first person in our office showed up with an S3 last year. Everyone was doing Tiny Elvis: "Man, that thing is HUUUGE." Flash forward to a year later, and S3 and S4 device sizes are taken as the norm by most -- even some iPhone 5 users I know, who now think of even their phones as relatively small (although most maintain, sincerely or not, that they like them that way). It's all relative. My Note 2 seems perfectly normal to me now, and my wife's S4 always looks like a junior size smartphone to me. The iPhone 4 or 4s looks ridiculously tiny, almost unusably so.
    universeand likes this.
    07-31-2013 06:32 AM
    I go through stages. I enjoy the size more often then not but at the same time I think I would like a 5" device. My only issue is that I would need great signal and battery life so the S4 is out. My only option would be a Droid Maxx and I'm not sure about that screen...

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    universeand likes this.
    07-31-2013 06:54 AM
    No, it's too small

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    07-31-2013 07:58 AM
    Love the size on the whole, but occasionally trying to use it one handed can be a problem.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    universeand likes this.
    07-31-2013 08:40 AM
    Nope.
    07-31-2013 05:20 PM
    I always think this is a somewhat silly question. Don't get me wrong, it's interesting to read how folks view such... but in the end folks are comfortable with different sizes, colors, shapes, etc. And of course, there are those who feel too much choice is bad thing. There's a much smaller phone out there for them too

There's a lot I like about the larger screen. It works for me. Now I don't think I would like the Samsung Note 8.0 as a phone (yes you can get that in a phone edition).

Happy GN2'ing.

07-31-2013 10:28 PM
    When I was still on the galaxy s3, the note 2 seemed HUGE. But now it seems standard. I'm currently eyeing the xperia Z ultra due to screen size, but I'll see how the note 3 is. Originally was very excited for the note 3 and the rumored 6.3" screen, but every time a new rumor came out the screen size kept shrinking. Oh well, one month to go. Maybe apple will release that possibly rumored 5.7" iphone. That's another consideration.
    08-01-2013 03:11 PM
    The note 2 seems like the size of a small dinner plate.
    08-01-2013 04:21 PM
    The note 2 seems like the size of a small dinner plate.
    Only if you're coming from a phone with a miniscule display like an iPhone 4 or BB Torch. And it's more like an oversized dinner plate given the feast it offers.
    08-02-2013 02:50 PM
68 123