Does anyone ever feel that this phone is too big?

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
love the size of my note 2, and i'm looking forward to the note3. my daughter just got and iphone and it looks like a teeny tiny toy. i'm not sure why people are "against" big phones, if you don't want big then don't get it. there are minis and plenty of smaller options out there so there is no reason to be "against" any of the sizes. options are awesome! hooray for android and all its many choices and customization's.

anon(6174973)

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
I used to use a Note 1 and I don't find it too big. Instead, I find that really decent and better than those small **** that strain my eyes. Missed that phone though :(

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I've been a note 2 user since December, and I absolutely love the size of the phone. But sometimes, when I see my friends take out their iPhone, I can't help but think if maybe the note is just too big sometimes. So how do you guys feel about this? Would you ever go to a smaller phone? Does the size bother you sometimes?

I actually see it the opposite as my girl has an iPhone 4s and anytime I see her use it I wonder to myself, how can anyone use something with such a small screen? She frequently has to hold it close to her face to see things on it (she has good vision otherwise). I feel the same way now anytime I break out my old Thunderbolt with its 4.3" screen. So for me, I just can't imagine going back to anything smaller. It would feel like going backwards.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
The Note 2's size is easy to get used to. It didn't take me long at all. The problem I ran into is using it one handed. Even though there is software to make one handed use easier, the physical size of the phone makes it difficult. As someone who uses the gesture keyboard often, this creates a problem for me. But I do understand that in order to effectively utilize the s-pen, you need a bigger sized screen. Of course consuming multimedia content is a lot better on the Note 2's screen, but other functions of the phone can be problematic.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

Russ Smith

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
4.7-5.5 I can't see me go larger and I LOVE the galaxy note, I'll check out the 3.... but..... I wish it just stayed at 5.5

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

But will the handset get any bigger? Maybe a little, Can they fit .4" more screen in, keeping the 16:9 ratio?

Sent from my GT-N7105

anon(6174973)

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
I actually see it the opposite as my girl has an iPhone 4s and anytime I see her use it I wonder to myself, how can anyone use something with such a small screen? She frequently has to hold it close to her face to see things on it (she has good vision otherwise). I feel the same way now anytime I break out my old Thunderbolt with its 4.3" screen. So for me, I just can't imagine going back to anything smaller. It would feel like going backwards.

I agree with this statement. Being an ex iPhone 3GS user, I really couldn't imagine going back to that old phone.

alamarco

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Occasionally I wish I had a smaller screen, but that's a small amount of the time.

I really like the large screen for browsing the web, watching videos, etc. I don't know if I could ever get used to having a smaller screen. However, I don't want anything bigger. There's a point where too big becomes uncomfortable and unusable. I think the Note 2 size is the perfect size of usability and screen real estate.

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Occasionally I wish I had a smaller screen, but that's a small amount of the time.

I really like the large screen for browsing the web, watching videos, etc. I don't know if I could ever get used to having a smaller screen. However, I don't want anything bigger. There's a point where too big becomes uncomfortable and unusable. I think the Note 2 size is the perfect size of usability and screen real estate.

Completely agree, that's pretty much how I feel.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Oofa

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I remember when everyone thought cell phones were too big so every manufacturer came up with the tiniest phone possible. Then everyone thought phones were too small. You couldn't grip them... the screens were tiny.... they got lost in your pocket. Every manufacturer came up with a larger phone. Then everyone thought they wanted a huge phone to use for videos and movies and it would make typing easier........... now people are questioning the huge phones...... it will never end. That is why there are so many choices.

I can't bring myself to carry my Note 2 anymore. I just can't deal with the monster while I'm trying to carry on all day. If I had a purse or something it might be a different story but I can't stand that thing in my pocket. Once the honeymoon was over, I had to grab my Optimus G which is about the biggest thing I will deal with.

anon(6174973)

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
I remember when everyone thought cell phones were too big so every manufacturer came up with the tiniest phone possible. Then everyone thought phones were too small. You couldn't grip them... the screens were tiny.... they got lost in your pocket. Every manufacturer came up with a larger phone. Then everyone thought they wanted a huge phone to use for videos and movies and it would make typing easier........... now people are questioning the huge phones...... it will never end. That is why there are so many choices.

I can't bring myself to carry my Note 2 anymore. I just can't deal with the monster while I'm trying to carry on all day. If I had a purse or something it might be a different story but I can't stand that thing in my pocket. Once the honeymoon was over, I had to grab my Optimus G which is about the biggest thing I will deal with.

Seems like time is always changing together with people's opinions.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I love my note 2 size. Whenever I use my wife's iphone, it just is so tiny. Even my gs3 feels small, i don't want to go any smaller than the note 2 for my next phone

Btw, I was the first in my group at work to get the note 2. More, half of us have note 2's. I rarely use it to make calls, mostly use it to browse our watch a movie, and the extra screen sleeve is great.

It is a bit big for sure, but I can still manage with one hand of need be tough mostly I use two hands

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using Tapatalk 2

CurveDock

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
It depends,if you compare it to an iPhone of course it will be bigger than when you compare it to a similar note 2.The benefits of it is clear,everything will be bigger on the screen. Bigger means better. The problem with bigger screens is the one-handed use. Sometimes,I like to drink coffee while reading the news on my phone. Now,maybe with my not-so-big hands,it is hard to do because the note is quite big for me to hold with one hand. But,if your hand is big enough,it'll fit perfectly.

After all,Samsung has implemented apps to work using just one hand,like the keyboard that can be put near the edges of the right/left side of the screen.

srvctec

May 29, 2011
Visit site
Perfect size for me and I wouldn't want to go smaller after having it for a few months- seems normal to me. I don't think I'd want to go any bigger, either. I have long fingers and can just navigate the screen one-handed. Best phone I've EVER had.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
But will the handset get any bigger? Maybe a little, Can they fit .4" more screen in, keeping the 16:9 ratio?

Sent from my GT-N7105

By my rough estimate, they can increase the hypotenuse (diagonal measurement) by approximately 1.3 to 1.5 inches by eliminating or reducing current bezels on the Note 2 form factor. What I'd rather see them do is keep 5.5 as the diagonal, reduce the form factor in size to make it more manageable and increase resolution to 1080p or 1200p HD. So far no one from Samsung has called me to ask.

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I've been a note 2 user since December, and I absolutely love the size of the phone. But sometimes, when I see my friends take out their iPhone, I can't help but think if maybe the note is just too big sometimes. So how do you guys feel about this? Would you ever go to a smaller phone? Does the size bother you sometimes?

Posted via Android Central App

i had the Note 2 for 2 months and one day i was showing my co-worker something and he picked up his 4 inch phone to see if his did same and the envy i felt at his one handed use was struck me as insane but yet there it was...ONCE i started feeling like "Note 2 is too big", i couldn't shake it....lol So i wound up selling my Note 2 shortly after that and got the S3 but (of course after using the Note 2 that just felt too tiny... I had to face it, i had become "Goldilocks Of The Android World"...

When i played with the LG Optimus G Pro i was soooo taken with it but i was like "ohhhh nooo, i ain't going thru THAT "big phone ONLY great at home" merry go round, so i didn't get it... THAT day. BUT, next day, after obsessing on, "how can i get that LG O G Pro to work for me, i HAVE to have it"...

Here's what i did... Got a Prepaid 3.7 inch Samsung Exhibit 2 @ walmart for $129.00 , rooted it, CM9, and now i have both...On T Mo my 2nd phone line is only 10 bucks a mo with unl text, talk & data (only 500MB high speed, but still, its the BEST solution i have found for the "phone size" dilemma... It works really well too because now i can keep a phone in my pocket at all times and there was no way i was able to do that with any other phone i had in the past couple of years....This one is sooooooo cute and tiny and with CM9 running jellybean 4.1 is amazing!

The Exhibit 2 is still selling, it is one of the best phones Samsung ever made. Its resolution is 252 ppi, you will not find such a great res on any phone under 4.3 inches....

c2da22a0-daec-4c63-b1d8-e0d03c4f360c_zpsc6f095c1.jpg

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I have had the Note2 since Jan 10th. Love the phone and all it does. I have my tablet and laptop. This phone is perfect. But I won't go bigger.

sent from my amazing Note2