08-02-2013 02:50 PM
68 123
tools
    I've been a note 2 user since December, and I absolutely love the size of the phone. But sometimes, when I see my friends take out their iPhone, I can't help but think if maybe the note is just too big sometimes. So how do you guys feel about this? Would you ever go to a smaller phone? Does the size bother you sometimes?

Posted via Android Central App
    07-04-2013 01:32 PM
    I've been a note 2 user since December, and I absolutely love the size of the phone. But sometimes, when I see my friends take out their iPhone, I can't help but think if maybe the note is just too big sometimes. So how do you guys feel about this? Would you ever go to a smaller phone? Does the size bother you sometimes?

I don't have the Note 2, but I think the size of phones is starting to get out of hand. For the idea of a cross-over device or 'phablet', the note 2 size is fine. The size of the S3 is what I think the biggest a 'phone' should be. But that is my opinion. What sells is what drives sizes.
    07-04-2013 01:37 PM
    I don't have the Note 2, but I think the size of phones is starting to get out of hand. For the idea of a cross-over device or 'phablet', the note 2 size is fine. The size of the S3 is what I think the biggest a 'phone' should be. But that is my opinion. What sells is what drives sizes.
    I agree. These 6 in phones are way too big.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    07-04-2013 01:39 PM

I have been on both side of the coin here as most people have been. I used iOS for four years and was mad when people pulled on the GS3 or Note 2 with that big screen. Wasn't so much mad I just wanted a big screen also. This past June I got rid of my iPhone (Yes lol) and got the GS4 and one thing I fell in love with is the screen. All my friends are mad with their iPhones saying that is a big screen why do you want that size, I just sit back and relax and watch them move their phone closer to their eyes lol. But I don't think the screen on the Note or GS4 are to big. I find it easy on the eyes, I know all new phone are getting bigger but I think 5 inch is just right.
    Aquila likes this.
    07-04-2013 01:40 PM
    I have been on both side of the coin here as most people have been. I used iOS for four years and was mad when people pulled on the GS3 or Note 2 with that big screen. Wasn't so much mad I just wanted a big screen also. This past June I got rid of my iPhone (Yes lol) and got the GS4 and one thing I fell in love with is the screen. All my friends are mad with their iPhones saying that is a big screen why do you want that size, I just sit back and relax and watch them move their phone closer to their eyes lol. But I don't think the screen on the Note or GS4 are to big. I find it easy on the eyes, I know all new phone are getting bigger but I think 5 inch is just right.
    I am just looking at the fact that the line between cross-overs and phones is becoming smaller and less distinguishable.
    07-04-2013 01:45 PM
    I hesitated initially because of the size. But when I got it , I got use to it and its no biggie now.

The only issue is, its hard to keep certain things private when you're in public sometimes cause its so big you can't really do anything with it.

~Jae, tap'n on my Sexy White Galaxy Note 2~
    07-04-2013 07:14 PM
    Lol, I did the first time I saw it. I had NS4G and a Gnex and I thought the Gnex was perfect. I had initially ordered an S4 because i wanted the latest and greatest. There was a mix up on the order so I had to reorder. I did one more touchy feely at BB, and decided on the Note II. It was the best decision for me.

I have eye issues and the bigger screen was my best option. Now that Mega on the other hand... That phone is humongous!

Sent via Note II
    Aquila likes this.
    07-04-2013 07:20 PM
    I love mine and I got it because of the size, but if you think it too big, buy a smaller phone. Enjoy
    karsdroid and petaf like this.
    07-04-2013 07:46 PM

I owned a Note 2 in the past and ultimately returned it after determining it was too big for my liking. While home and lounging on the sofa it was great, I loved it for watching videos, looking at photos and browsing the web however I simply found it too big for outside everyday use. When I received a call I felt like I was holding a brick or a phone like in Night At The Roxbury against my ear LOL.

It is a great phone, I had no performance related issues with it at all but to answer your question.....yes, I ultimately felt like it was a little too big.
    07-04-2013 09:38 PM
    I did. Gave it up. Now my wife have it instead. She loves it. She has to use both hands just to type and use it. I can somewhat use one hand with it. But I like to type with one hand most of the time. So the phone didn't work out for me. I now have the S4, which is perfect size for how I would like to use my phone, which is using only one hand.

Sent from my Galaxy S4
    BobR1908 likes this.
    07-04-2013 09:49 PM
    7" minimum.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    07-04-2013 11:23 PM
    I like the size because it's easy to read content fairly easy.
    At times I do wish it was slightly smaller.
    If it was the size of the SGS4 with an S-Pen, I would probably prefer that best.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    BobR1908 and ladyc0524 like this.
    07-05-2013 12:27 AM
    Luv the size. I could never go back to a smaller screen. Might go bigger but never smaller.
    karsdroid, KOOLWATER and Connert like this.
    07-05-2013 08:21 AM
    I love the size of the note 2 it's one of the main reasons why I got the phone other then the battery life and I could never go back to an smaller phone honestly sometimes my Note 2 feels like a normal size since I'm so use to it

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app
    karsdroid, KOOLWATER and Jude526 like this.
    07-05-2013 08:32 AM
    4.7-5.5 I can't see me go larger and I LOVE the galaxy note, I'll check out the 3.... but..... I wish it just stayed at 5.5

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    07-05-2013 08:34 AM
    I can't see me go smaller anymore either, the s3 and HTC one this weekend felt OK, but preferred my note

07-05-2013 08:36 AM
    I love the size, and the big battery, which last all day long. If you care so much about what other people think then you should get a smaller phone. I do not let what other people think influence my purchasing decisions.
    karsdroid and met.watts like this.
    07-05-2013 09:37 AM

I am completely satisfied with my Note 2. This 5.5 fits just prefectly in. The display size also helps makes it very easy on the eyes.....

PS-i had been using Iphone before this for 3.5 years.

I completely agree with you....:thumbup:

On GT-N7100 with AC Forums mobile app
    nickgalaxys4 likes this.
    07-05-2013 10:47 AM
    Too big. I find the 4.7" screen the perfect size.
    07-05-2013 11:54 AM
    It's insane the sizes of phone are now days. If you're the size of a tablet be a tablet not a phone lol I just giggle when I see people on the phone with their 6" phones. To each his own though I'm happy for the variety of devices

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app
    07-05-2013 12:01 PM
    love the size of my note 2, and i'm looking forward to the note3. my daughter just got and iphone and it looks like a teeny tiny toy. i'm not sure why people are "against" big phones, if you don't want big then don't get it. there are minis and plenty of smaller options out there so there is no reason to be "against" any of the sizes. options are awesome! hooray for android and all its many choices and customization's.
    DS1331, blitz118 and Connert like this.
    07-05-2013 12:45 PM
    I used to use a Note 1 and I don't find it too big. Instead, I find that really decent and better than those small **** that strain my eyes. Missed that phone though

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    07-05-2013 01:02 PM
    I actually see it the opposite as my girl has an iPhone 4s and anytime I see her use it I wonder to myself, how can anyone use something with such a small screen? She frequently has to hold it close to her face to see things on it (she has good vision otherwise). I feel the same way now anytime I break out my old Thunderbolt with its 4.3" screen. So for me, I just can't imagine going back to anything smaller. It would feel like going backwards.
    07-05-2013 01:04 PM
    The Note 2's size is easy to get used to. It didn't take me long at all. The problem I ran into is using it one handed. Even though there is software to make one handed use easier, the physical size of the phone makes it difficult. As someone who uses the gesture keyboard often, this creates a problem for me. But I do understand that in order to effectively utilize the s-pen, you need a bigger sized screen. Of course consuming multimedia content is a lot better on the Note 2's screen, but other functions of the phone can be problematic.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app
    Gastrodoc likes this.
    07-05-2013 01:25 PM
    4.7-5.5 I can't see me go larger and I LOVE the galaxy note, I'll check out the 3.... but..... I wish it just stayed at 5.5

But will the handset get any bigger? Maybe a little, Can they fit .4" more screen in, keeping the 16:9 ratio?

Sent from my GT-N7105
    07-05-2013 01:46 PM
68 123