07-10-2013 11:59 PM
38 12
tools
    The battery on the note 2 is outstanding! Also the S Pen is kinda cool.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app
    07-07-2013 11:57 PM
    Huh? Strange question. These devices are as different as chalk and cheese.
    I thought so as well. Since he doesn't want an S4 but is willing to buy a note it sounds like he's made up his mind that if he's getting a regular sized smartphone he wants an iPhone rather than any kind of Android with the exception of phablets. That's the only kind of sense I can make out of it. If that's the case, he has several android phablet options: Note 3, Xperia Z Ultra, or LGOG Pro.

Personally I don't get phablets. I agree with a comment I read: Companies have spent years trying to get smartphone form factors a usable size and now they're trying to take us back to the era of huge motorola car phones.
    07-08-2013 05:19 AM
    I have an update in September. I'm seriously considering the next iPhone or the Note 2 or 3.

What would be good reasons for getting a Note if you didn't like the Galaxy line of phones?
    A bigger screen means the ease of use when watching videos and reading. Also, the Note packs a bigger battery and stylus. In summary, the Note overshadows the iPhone in terms of features.
    07-08-2013 08:19 AM
    A bigger screen means the ease of use when watching videos and reading. Also, the Note packs a bigger battery and stylus. In summary, the Note overshadows the iPhone in terms of features.
    My wife loves her note 2. She came from an iPhone. She watches a lot of videos from YouTube. And she indicated that the downloading of videos on iPhone is terribly slow and screen is tiny. Another complaint was battery. She likes to do all kinds of media stuff on her phone. Obviously that leads to depletion of battery fast. So she literally have to charge every 3 hours sometimes.

When I tried out her iPhone 5 I was simply amazed on just how slow it is and how outdated everything is. Even on a call the clarity of it can't compare to the note 2 or s4. Can't even talk and surf at the same time on Verizon network.

Don't get me wrong, iPhone is a great phone. The stability of the software and ease of use is top notch, plus I came from a 4s. I just think that unless the Apple step up their game and ditch their current iPhone business strategy, their iProduct will continue to lose its customer and market share.

Now my wife refuses to give her note 2 up. She plans on using it for a very long time.

Sent from my Galaxy S4
    07-08-2013 08:54 AM
    My wife loves her note 2. She came from an iPhone. She watches a lot of videos from YouTube. And she indicated that the downloading of videos on iPhone is terribly slow and screen is tiny. Another complaint was battery. She likes to do all kinds of media stuff on her phone. Obviously that leads to depletion of battery fast. So she literally have to charge every 3 hours sometimes.

When I tried out her iPhone 5 I was simply amazed on just how slow it is and how outdated everything is. Even on a call the clarity of it can't compare to the note 2 or s4. Can't even talk and surf at the same time on Verizon network.

Don't get me wrong, iPhone is a great phone. The stability of the software and ease of use is top notch, plus I came from a 4s. I just think that unless the Apple step up their game and ditch their current iPhone business strategy, their iProduct will continue to lose its customer and market share.

Now my wife refuses to give her note 2 up. She plans on using it for a very long time.

Sent from my Galaxy S4
    Nobody can deny that iPhone delivers the stability and reliability of the software. If apple wants to win back everything, they should come up with something that the market wants.

Anyway, hope your wife enjoys her new phone!

Sent from my HP Slate 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    07-08-2013 09:23 AM
    I have no problem with the Galaxy S phones as I absolutely loved the S2 and the 3 was good as well. I am concerned more with Samsung Galaxy phones having signal issues. I did have a problem with the plastic backing but I hear they can be replaced with an aluminum back cover.

I wouldn't mind the S4 but the problems it has with storage space and so much bloat turned me away from it.
    I've had no more issues with signal quality than I did with any of my last 4 iPhones.
    You loved the S2 & S3, didn't they have plastic backs?, but now it's a problem ...
    The S4's storage space has been way over sensationalized in my opinion, run out of space throw in a MicroSd card and life goes on.
    There are huge amounts of carrier/manufacture bloat on all phones. If that's a big concern maybe a Nexus phone would be more to your liking ...
    07-08-2013 09:31 AM
    I've had no more issues with signal quality than I did with any of my last 4 iPhones.
    You loved the S2 & S3, didn't they have plastic backs?, but now it's a problem ...
    The S4's storage space has been way over sensationalized in my opinion, run out of space throw in a MicroSd card and life goes on.
    There are huge amounts of carrier/manufacture bloat on all phones. If that's a big concern maybe a Nexus phone would be more to your liking ...
    Or maybe flashing a custom rom may help.

07-08-2013 09:55 AM
    Not sure what is going with the iPhone 5 and Verizon but I can talk and surf at the same time on Verizon LTE with my Note 2. I was surprised to find out that it worked when I first tried it. Probably a lot of people aren't aware of that.
    07-08-2013 10:07 AM
    What would be good reasons for getting a Note if you didn't like the Galaxy line of phones?
    If you don't like the Galaxy line of phones, then why are you even considering a Galaxy Note II?
    07-08-2013 01:35 PM
    If you need the S-Pen.

Sent from my Sony Xperia ZL
    07-08-2013 01:41 PM
    If you need the S-Pen.

Sent from my Sony Xperia ZL
    Not unless OP really needs an S Pen.

07-09-2013 08:38 AM
    It's not necessary the S-Pen but the screen size and the quad core processor.

I should say I hate the glossy plastic the S3 and S4 use. The S2 didn't have it if I remember correctly.

As I said before my main concern is signal quality.
    07-10-2013 08:41 PM
    I came from the iPhone 4S to the Note 2, so when I compare likes/dislikes, keep in mind I haven't used the iPhone 5 so it might be different.

What I didn't like about iPhone:
    - Not able to customize like an Android device, if you are into that sort of thing.
    - No user-replaceable battery if you are having battery issues.
    - No expandable memory. Must buy the size you think you need right from the start.
    - No notification light. This drove me crazy!
    - What drove me even crazier is that I couldn't seem to have a keyboard option that let me have the number row on the same screen as letters. I had to go to a second screen. I didn't want to jailbreak the phone to get that.

The Note 2 solved all those problems plus had the added benefit of a bigger screen which is easier to read and nice to play games on, etc. Since I keep my phone in a purse, not a pocket, the size wasn't any sort of disadvantage to me.

My biggest concern was signal strength because I live in a fringe area where other devices have dropped calls regularly and I couldn't carry on much of a conversation from within my house. My iPhone was awesome in that regard and came through most of the time. I am happy to say my Note is performing well and I don't have regrets. There have been just a few times something sounded choppy or strange, but for the most part, it's working out well and I'm keeping it.
    msndrstood likes this.
    07-10-2013 11:59 PM
38 12