Hello everyone,

I carefully cleared out all conditions and selected a rental plan with my operator that asks for a fixed amount of rental for any amount of call or data usage on my number, either while roaming or in local network.

And right now, i am on roaming and very frequently i stop getting calls. But the network signal bars at all at max. Also when i call myself from a different number, it says its switched off.

I have checked the settings.
    Network Selection is set to Automatic. Under More Settings Use Packet Data, Roaming, both are checked.

None of them work. When i restart the phone, it works normally again for some time and then the same thing happens.

Am i not changing any setting that needs to be done while on roaming ?

Thanks

On GT-N7100 with AC Forums mobile app
    07-07-2013 10:18 PM
    This sounds like a carrier problem rather than anything to do with the phone or your reception.

Note too that the settings for whether to use packet data while roaming will have no effect on phone calls. Roaming for phone calls has to be enabled by your carrier.
    07-11-2013 11:10 PM
    This sounds like a carrier problem rather than anything to do with the phone or your reception.

Note too that the settings for whether to use packet data while roaming will have no effect on phone calls. Roaming for phone calls has to be enabled by your carrier.
    Thanks for the answer.

I had recently called the helpline for the same issue. Then had visit a store. They said buying new micro sim night solve the problem. So i did. I still am on roaming. Calls inbound and out are working okay. The data problem still remains, no internet connection. I think i will be able to solve this only when i am in my original network circle again.

Thanks.
    07-11-2013 11:35 PM