08-13-2013 04:53 AM
50 12
tools
    Ive been heavy using for the last three hours, off charger since yesterday morning. 37%

Stock battery.

But ive been keeping all antennas off except talk and sms

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk HD
    Do you play those games with very big file size (NFS, Gta etc) or watch videos on YouTube?

Sent from my HP Slate 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    07-13-2013 08:28 AM
    Do you play those games with very big file size (NFS, Gta etc) or watch videos on YouTube?

1080p mkv local normaly as im on a data cap plan

And psx iso on epsxe with sixaxes controller.

Or snes

As well as some small games but mainly the roms r nore processor intensive.

Screens set to max setting, and I dont mean the light, though that is as well.

07-13-2013 08:48 AM
    1080p mkv local normaly as im on a data cap plan

And psx iso on epsxe with sixaxes controller.

Or snes

As well as some small games but mainly the roms r nore processor intensive.

Screens set to max setting, and I dont mean the light, though that is as well.

Did you overclock the processor?

07-13-2013 08:54 AM
    2.6 screen on
    1.4 screen off
    1.4 in call
    2.4 charging [screen on or off]

Max clock 2.6
    Overclockable to 2.9

Running greenify
    Frozen gmail
    Long sync on email
    No social networking at all
    Hevy game, vid, and music use.

Jedix14 with bullet kernel.
    Kernel is fast without overclock because certan stability features are turned off. And it supports exfat. [Tho since last rom i might still be on saber kernel]

07-13-2013 09:01 AM
    2.6 screen on
    1.4 screen off
    1.4 in call
    2.4 charging [screen on or off]

Max clock 2.6
    Overclockable to 2.9

Running greenify
    Frozen gmail
    Long sync on email
    No social networking at all
    Hevy game, vid, and music use.

Jedix14 with bullet kernel.
    Kernel is fast without overclock because certan stability features are turned off. And it supports exfat. [Tho since last rom i might still be on saber kernel]

I think with that bullet kernel and over clocked processor, expect your battery to drain faster.

07-13-2013 09:03 AM
    Oc yes
    Bullet no, the kernels supprisingly battery efficient.

07-13-2013 09:05 AM
    Oc yes
    Bullet no, the kernels supprisingly battery efficient.

I see. Then it is probably because of your usage.

07-13-2013 09:08 AM
    I see. Then it is probably because of your usage.

That I can gaurantee. If I was to do everything I could to get max life I could probably get 48-72 hours.

But 18 is my target cuz well I keep a charger in my backpack, truck, and three at home, so who needs more than a day. Not me. So I focus more on target life and then MAX preformance.

07-13-2013 09:15 AM
    That I can gaurantee. If I was to do everything I could to get max life I could probably get 48-72 hours.

But 18 is my target cuz well I keep a charger in my backpack, truck, and three at home, so who needs more than a day. Not me. So I focus more on target life and then MAX preformance.

I charge my phone every night if it reaches below 50% so I'm don't care much about the battery life.

07-13-2013 09:37 AM
    WOW, I could have sworn when I replied to this thread yesterday, the topic was about non battery draining weather apps, like the title says. This thread is COMPLETELY off track now.

Mods, if you need help moderating, let me know. I've moderated several forums over the years.
    07-13-2013 10:16 AM
    WOW, I could have sworn when I replied to this thread yesterday, the topic was about non battery draining weather apps, like the title says. This thread is COMPLETELY off track now.

Mods, if you need help moderating, let me know. I've moderated several forums over the years.
    Sometimes during the natural course of discussion a thread may wander. Especially when your discussing battery life many people will chime in to share their experiences.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AC Forums mobile app
    07-13-2013 11:02 AM
    Sometimes during the natural course of discussion a thread may wander. Especially when your discussing battery life many people will chime in to share their experiences.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AC Forums mobile app
    Yep. This thread is still about battery life in general.

07-13-2013 11:12 AM
    That's not bad for a heavy user. Are you using the stock battery or extended battery.

Stock. No it's not bad. But it hasn't been normal that's why I said surprisingly.

I have a extended battery also which doesn't last any longer and that makes no since to me. It is double the stock amount

~Jae, tap'n on my Sexy White Galaxy Note 2~
    07-13-2013 08:31 PM
    Stock. No it's not bad. But it hasn't been normal that's why I said surprisingly.

I have a extended battery also which doesn't last any longer and that makes no since to me. It is double the stock amount

All I can think of is your phone usage that is eating up your battery.

07-14-2013 12:22 AM
    The only non battery draining Weather app so far is the stock one. Only after i turn everthing off.....Which is ugly and doesn't go with any wallpaper.

Are there any that don't have maps waking the phone every second????????

I just ask Google Now. Takes one press of the Google bar, you say "Google, weather." And you're set.

That way you don't need any weather widget using up you're screen. It also will make you look awesome to anyone that doesn't own a Android phone with Jelly Bean.

You can get the weather and be awesome at the same time! You can't beat that, in my opinion

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    07-14-2013 04:54 AM
    I just ask Google Now. Takes one press of the Google bar, you say "Google, weather." And you're set.

That way you don't need any weather widget using up you're screen. It also will make you look awesome to anyone that doesn't own a Android phone with Jelly Bean.

You can get the weather and be awesome at the same time! You can't beat that, in my opinion

How do you do that

07-14-2013 05:17 AM
    Beautiful Widgets works just fine for me. Hardly uses the battery at all. I have it set to update every hr and I have temp. in my notification bar.
    07-14-2013 08:53 AM
    Beautiful Widgets works just fine for me. Hardly uses the battery at all. I have it set to update every hr and I have temp. in my notification bar.
    That's good to hear. Last time I used BW's back about a year ago it was still a battery hog. Maybe the devs got a handle on controlling the battery consumption finally.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app
    07-14-2013 10:52 AM
    Yep...believe they have
    07-14-2013 11:03 AM
    Yep...believe they have
    How about HD Widgets?

07-14-2013 12:04 PM
    Not sure...I've never tried that one
    07-14-2013 12:38 PM
    I don't use have HD Widgets. I got it when it was on sale a while back. It worked great and is very customizable. But as I said I don't use widgets anymore, well except for the digital clock with the date, it come stock on the Note 2. Oh and I use the flashlight widget that comes stock on the Note 2.

But for weather, traffic, news, everything else, ect... I use Google Now. Like I said in my other post. Google Now is awesome and it makes you look awesome, Lol. I only have 3 home screen pages. I like to keep it simple and clean.

07-14-2013 08:18 PM
    I don't use have HD Widgets. I got it when it was on sale a while back. It worked great and is very customizable. But as I said I don't use widgets anymore, well except for the digital clock with the date, it come stock on the Note 2. Oh and I use the flashlight widget that comes stock on the Note 2.

But for weather, traffic, news, everything else, ect... I use Google Now. Like I said in my other post. Google Now is awesome and it makes you look awesome, Lol. I only have 3 home screen pages. I like to keep it simple and clean.

Oh, I see. Did you paid a high price to buy the HD Widgets?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    07-15-2013 05:57 AM
    I've been using BeWeather Pro for about a year on all my Android devices and haven't noticed any battery drain issues on any of them. I use a 4x2 widget on the main screen set to a three hour auto update interval along with the temperature in the notification bar. All other settings (in the app) are disabled.
    +1000 on BeWeather Pro. Great home screen widget that allows you to either go into the app settings via a three-block menu button (see below) or tap on the weather info itself to go into the app itself, where you get Daily, Hourly, and Sun/Moon options plus a menu button with the best radar and satellite IR maps. Hands down the finest weather app available, and no battery drain.

07-15-2013 08:04 AM
    Eye In The Sky weather.
    08-13-2013 04:53 AM
50 12