Non battery draining Weather apps

anon(6174973)

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
I just ask Google Now. Takes one press of the Google bar, you say "Google, weather." And you're set.

That way you don't need any weather widget using up you're screen. It also will make you look awesome to anyone that doesn't own a Android phone with Jelly Bean.

You can get the weather and be awesome at the same time! You can't beat that, in my opinion :cool:

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

How do you do that

Sent from my HP Slate 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

babygirl0419

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Beautiful Widgets works just fine for me. Hardly uses the battery at all. I have it set to update every hr and I have temp. in my notification bar.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Beautiful Widgets works just fine for me. Hardly uses the battery at all. I have it set to update every hr and I have temp. in my notification bar.

That's good to hear. Last time I used BW's back about a year ago it was still a battery hog. Maybe the devs got a handle on controlling the battery consumption finally. :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Onemoa

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
I don't use have HD Widgets. I got it when it was on sale a while back. It worked great and is very customizable. But as I said I don't use widgets anymore, well except for the digital clock with the date, it come stock on the Note 2. Oh and I use the flashlight widget that comes stock on the Note 2.

But for weather, traffic, news, everything else, ect... I use Google Now. Like I said in my other post. Google Now is awesome and it makes you look awesome, Lol. I only have 3 home screen pages. I like to keep it simple and clean.

anon(6174973)

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
I don't use have HD Widgets. I got it when it was on sale a while back. It worked great and is very customizable. But as I said I don't use widgets anymore, well except for the digital clock with the date, it come stock on the Note 2. Oh and I use the flashlight widget that comes stock on the Note 2.

But for weather, traffic, news, everything else, ect... I use Google Now. Like I said in my other post. Google Now is awesome and it makes you look awesome, Lol. I only have 3 home screen pages. I like to keep it simple and clean.

Oh, I see. Did you paid a high price to buy the HD Widgets?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I've been using BeWeather Pro for about a year on all my Android devices and haven't noticed any battery drain issues on any of them. I use a 4x2 widget on the main screen set to a three hour auto update interval along with the temperature in the notification bar. All other settings (in the app) are disabled. :)

+1000 on BeWeather Pro. Great home screen widget that allows you to either go into the app settings via a three-block menu button (see below) or tap on the weather info itself to go into the app itself, where you get Daily, Hourly, and Sun/Moon options plus a menu button with the best radar and satellite IR maps. Hands down the finest weather app available, and no battery drain.

zx86.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34