Non battery draining Weather apps

LadiJae

May 30, 2010
Visit site
The only non battery draining Weather app so far is the stock one. Only after i turn everthing off.....Which is ugly and doesn't go with any wallpaper.

Are there any that don't have maps waking the phone every second????????

~Jae, tap'n on my Sexy White Galaxy Note 2~

dellagregg

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
I use go weather ex. Its not draining my battery. Also when you try other weather apps do you change the setting of how often they update and if they are using your gps? These two being on the wrong setting will drain battery even on the stock app.

Sent from my gorgeous Galaxy Note II aka CJ. <3

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Weatherbug is good. I had no battery issues when I had it installed. Am currently using eWeather HD, which is probably a weather geeks type of app. Tons of features and options. Like dellagreg and sonyscaria noted, polling frequency and methods can make a difference.

MercuryStar

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I really like Weatherwise and its widget uses less battery (and less data!) than my previous weather app while being more functional.

It has colour codes for telling the upcoming weather in the next 24 hours or so: green = rain, grey = cloudy, orange = sunny, purple = clear moon, white = ???

almath

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I use Fancy Widgets, I like it no battery drain and you can configure to your liking.
ma3u2y4e.jpg

LadiJae

May 30, 2010
Visit site
I think I have an obsession with seeing the wake locks on my phone of apps. And it drives me crazy. That mapa is in the thousands and any weather widget I add is in the hundreds even with the interval set to not update

anon(6174973)

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
I think I have an obsession with seeing the wake locks on my phone of apps. And it drives me crazy. That mapa is in the thousands and any weather widget I add is in the hundreds even with the interval set to not update

Do you enable the feature of having the temperature set at notification bar?

Sent from my HP Slate 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

prepaidguy9081

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I find the idea of a non battery draning app funny. If it runs it drains, period

I use accuweather+ for lock screen and go weather for next launcher.

Ofcourse im rooted, with cpu govener profiles for underclocking and greenify hibernation app.

So my batt life is awsome even though I do apparently retarted things like turn the screen to max performance and run two weather apps.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk HD

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I've been using BeWeather Pro for about a year on all my Android devices and haven't noticed any battery drain issues on any of them. I use a 4x2 widget on the main screen set to a three hour auto update interval along with the temperature in the notification bar. All other settings (in the app) are disabled. :)

blitz118

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
The Note 2 has a 3100mah battery, so I don't worry about a weather app draining my battery, and I have my weather set to update every 30 minutes.

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site

I think it's cool that you're digging in to the details to find out what may be consuming battery or other phone resources. I'm going to start a new thread about wakelocks:)

LadiJae

May 30, 2010
Visit site
The Note 2 has a 3100mah battery, so I don't worry about a weather app draining my battery, and I have my weather set to update every 30 minutes.

I wish it was that easy. Surprisingly yesterday I ended up with 14 hours on battery and 4hrs 45mins of screen time.