Note 2 is so good I may not upgrade to the Note 3.

OceanView

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Yes I said it.
Seems odd to me as I usually upgrade at least once a year but this is the first time I feel the note 2 is more than adequate for my needs.
I've had mine since it was released on at AT&T back in Nov and I just really love this phone.

Does anyone else feel this way?

Posted via Android Central App

jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
I say that now... But the temptation to sell my 2 and buy a 3 might be too much. I'll just have to see what changes.

I suspect that it'll just be an LG Optimus g pro with an s pen. In which case I'll just hang on to what I have.

Now if they released a note 10.1 with a better resolution, I'm on it before you can say "shut up and take my money!"

Posted via Android Central App

MrMLK

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I would be more inclined to agree if I had a 32GB or a 64GB Note 2. I'll enjoy all the upgraded features, but I all I really need is more internal storage.

Onemoa

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I'm not getting the Note 3 right away if at all.

I love my Note 2 and it's going to last a while. People will continue to buy the Note 2 and even once the Note 3 is out. People will buy the Note 2 because it's cheaper then the Note 3.

Other reasons I wouldn't buy the Note 3 is because less then a year later the Note 4 will be released.

I also will not buy another Samsung device at all if our Note 2 isn't updated to 4.2.2 I hate that Samsung just pushed that updates to the side because they had a so called delay. More like they thought for a while and since there are so many Note 2 fans. They figure they will delay the update to our Note 2 so people will buy the Note 3 for not one but two reasons. Firstly it will have better hardware. Secondly it will have the new Touch-Wiz 2.0, the new camera features the S4 has, the new S-Voice and all the other features the S4 has. While the Note 2 won't because Samsung is timing the roll out of 4.2.2 for our Note 2 just right. If they do release it before the Note 3 it will be international. So it will take months for the carries in the US to verify it and add they're bloatware to it.

So that means there is no way our Note 2's will get the update in time. That's Samsung marketing for you..

So if we don't get 4.2.2 before the release of the Note 3. I'm going to wait it out and look into LG, Motorola and HTC.

LG and Motorola have been doing some great things. Just look at the LG Optimus G2, it's display is amazing and it's features are great. I don't plan on buying a new phone until at least the end of the year or mid next year. It all depends on how things go and what is released. The one thing I do know is I'm never going to buy another Samsung device due to the lack of service you get once you buy the phone. The Note 2 was released with 4.1 they could at last put us on 4.2 before they release there next version of this phone.

But I'll enjoy my Note 2 for a white to come. If we get the update I'll enjoy Samsung for a long while to come. If not I'll enjoy LG or Motorola for a while.

I just hope Samsung does the right thing. Because it's better late then after the Note 3 is released. I just don't think it's doable unless they really have been working on it with the US carriers. So it can be rolled out in the US right away. As in by the end of this month. If that happens I'll definitely buy the Note 3 or Note 4, ect. If not then LG or Motorola, here I come.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I don't think the note 3 is really worth the upgrade, but For me, since I am on Verizon, I don't want to leave any of my lines off contract did too long. I bought my Note II when it was $50 on contract (i got mine for a little less due to a price match error). If the note 3 drops to that price, or close to it, then I would probably get it, or some other device

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

richard hodge

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
From the rumours I've heard so far, it don't seem like it's worth while, but seeing as I'm good at breaking phones...... I will probably have too

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

shethinks

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Got my Note 2 in Jan and I am still so satisfied. I'm not one to jump to the next phone anyway. And now with the Note 2, no need to upgrade for a good long while.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

MercuryStar

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
My S2 was so good I never felt the desire to upgrade to the S3.

I think once you find a good phone it's worth sticking with it because

• No need to learn all new stuff in a new phone
  • Save money
  • Phone still works as well as it did when you first decided you really liked it

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49