After owning a Note 2, what's your next phone gonna be?

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
I've owned this phone since the day it launched on verizon. I've played with a number of phones GS4, Htc one, etc... and I always leave with the thought of yea I wish I had this or that feature but uuuh "I'm good" like no other android has seem to make want to give this phone up as I normally do upon touching newer smart phones. Either
A. I've grown out of swapping phones or B. This phone is that damn good. But why do I keep looking for the next best thing, old habits die hard my only conclusion.
So the only phones I find myself waiting for is:
Note 3, (afraid its going to be buggy and feel cheaply made like GS4)

iphone 5s: I hate apple ok, but I want to give it a try and I'd still have my note 2

Moto X: a phone by Google from Google. I expect this phone to run android better than any other phone. Optimization, optimization, optimization!! Just give me a couple samsungs and htc camera features and im good

Note that I will only buy a phone thats considered flagship! Im in to the one phone a year thing....reason why buying that moto x is unlikely we will see

And you?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app

Last edited:

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
This my third go around with the Note 2. I did have the iPhone 5 and the Nexus 4 in between. I thought both the Nexus 4 and iPhone 5 were going to be my last phones of the year. I was wrong. Now I'm back to the device that I started the year off with. I'm tired of switching. I think that I'm going to resign myself to waiting for the Note 4 and not worry about anything else coming out. Although, that's easier said than done.

sent from my Galaxy Note 2

808TBolt

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
man if i knew we were gonna stay with Verizon i would've early upgraded back in November when i was eligible to the Note 2 instead of waiting till my 2 year contract was up in March to upgrade to the Note 2 (wife initially said she wanted the Note 2 and i wanted to wait till our contract was up to jump to T-Mobile. then she decided Note 2 was too big for her and wanted the S4, which she has now)

next phone for me will probably be the Note 4. can't go back to anything smaller than my Note 2. even my wife's S4 is too small for me

Chris Flowers

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
My first Samsung in years and although I'm impressed with the Note 2, I am disappointed in the frequency of updates for it. We should be running 4.2.2 by now.

My next device may well be a Google one.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
My first Samsung in years and although I'm impressed with the Note 2, I am disappointed in the frequency of updates for it. We should be running 4.2.2 by now.

Going the Nexus route is cool, but there are trade offs.

marcher22

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Going the Nexus route is cool, but there are trade offs.

I totally agree. Nexus devices actually lack features compared to flagship Samsung phones

As for my next phone, it will probably be one of the best phones in 3 years. Probably s Samsung one too if they keep up the great work
Sent from my Note 2

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I've had my Note 2 on Verizon as well since it was released last November. Since then, I've grown so spoiled by the 5.5" screen and S-Pen that my next phone could only be the Note 3. But I need to see it first though to determine if it's really a worthy upgrade. If not, I'm in no hurry and can wait for the Note 4 (IMO, that's a testament to how great the Note 2 is!:)).

MercuryStar

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
If Note 3 has significantly better battery life than Note 2, Note 3.

Otherwise, if Note 4 has significantly better battery life than Note 2, Note 4.

Otherwise, if Note 5 has significantly better battery life than Note 2, Note 5.

Otherwise, I guess I'm gonna use Note 2 until I die.

richard hodge

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
Any phone with a pen and 5.5 or larger screen, but a physical keyboard would be the killer feature for me, I want it all. Please make a note3 with a slide out keyboard, I promise to be a Samsung fan boy for ever

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
See going to a smaller screen is a huge issue for me... Although the note 2 is a hassle when im in the gym working out. ..but thats the only time

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site

Although I think samsung provides good updates compared to other companies and their features really do overshadow the updates I.m.o .... all in all I can still agree with u... A 100% Google phone sounds nice

blitz118

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
My next phone will mostly likely be the Note 3. There is nothing else out there that interests me, but the Note line of phones.

zjaksn10

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
The S4 is the perfect size for me. It just fits my hand and seems like the only phone out right now that I would switch to if it had a bigger battery. 5" will be the minimum screen size. The HTC One feels good but lacks key hardware like SD card. LG Optimus G Pro has the same size screen except it's more narrow than the Note 2 and that felt pretty good, plus had a lot of key features but LG probably won't update that to 4.2.2 and roms aren't out just yet. I would love to go the Nexus route but Touchwiz is stuffed full of features and makes stock android look so plain and boring.

shethinks

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I hang on to my phones, that's just how I roll. Now I bought this Note 2 off contract in Jan 2013 (I'm grandfathered unlimited) and I foresee it lasting me until at least the end of 2014 (if past history is an indicator).

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton