I don't own any phone with android OS

I'm planning on getting one this week and im confused
    07-18-2013 11:12 AM
    I upgraded last week from the Galaxy Nexus to the S4. I was in the same boat you are in - get the S4, Note 2, or wait for the Note 3. I ended up getting the S4 and I'm extremely happy with my decision. The phone has more features than I can count. It's got he fastest processor in the US market, battery life lasts all day, and the size is perfect. My decision came from extensive research and demoing the phones in the Verizon store. Based upon research and my hands on experience, the S4 took 1st place.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app
    07-18-2013 11:42 AM
    Take the first response's advice and go to a store and play with them! If you're not in a hurry and want a gigantic phone, I'd say wait for the Note 3. If you just can't wait, I'd say the S4 unless you need the S-Pen for something. I have the Note 2 and my Fiancee has the S4. Not too much difference in size, but the S4 is definitely a lot more comfortable to hold.
    07-18-2013 11:46 AM
    Is the difference between the cameras noticeable?? the s4 and note 2
    07-18-2013 01:11 PM
    If you never owned any android before I think going with Note might be a huge jump for you. The s4 might feel a bit more "familiar" if youve had experience with other cell phones.

I was in your situation but chose the Note 2 over the S4 because it has better battery life, a really nifty stylus and I like to read and I found that it was much harder to read on the s4. Watching videos in my opinion are more enjoyable on the note 2. I don't own a tablet but I feel like the Note 2 is great tablet and phone combination. A lot of games and apps are just nicer on the bigger, brighter screen. The cameras on the note 2 are really good for video and pictures. Ever since I got my note 2 Ive barely used my lapto.

Dont get me wrong, the S4 does have its strong points too. Its lighter, easier to hold , has a better camera than the note 2 and the display is really sharp. Sending quick texts, or going on a run would be much more suitable with an S4. Same with making phone calls or pocketing the device. For a lot of people the battery life would suffice on an S4.

If you want something smaller, light and portable I think the s4 would be better. If you want an overall better entertainment experience plus awesome battery life and a pen thats great for notes , typing and games id go with a Note 2. Obviously the Note 3 will be better than a note 2 but trust me..this phone is awesome and if you can handle its size , im sure you'll fall in love with it.

Sent from my Note 2
    petaf likes this.
    07-18-2013 01:23 PM
    If you never owned any android before I think going with Note might be a huge jump for you. The s4 might feel a bit more "familiar" if youve had experience with other cell phones.

I was in your situation but chose the Note 2 over the S4 because it has better battery life, a really nifty stylus and I like to read and I found that it was much harder to read on the s4. Watching videos in my opinion are more enjoyable on the note 2. I don't own a tablet but I feel like the Note 2 is great tablet and phone combination. A lot of games and apps are just nicer on the bigger, brighter screen. The cameras on the note 2 are really good for video and pictures. Ever since I got my note 2 Ive barely used my lapto.

Dont get me wrong, the S4 does have its strong points too. Its lighter, easier to hold , has a better camera than the note 2 and the display is really sharp. Sending quick texts, or going on a run would be much more suitable with an S4. Same with making phone calls or pocketing the device. For a lot of people the battery life would suffice on an S4.

If you want something smaller, light and portable I think the s4 would be better. If you want an overall better entertainment experience plus awesome battery life and a pen thats great for notes , typing and games id go with a Note 2. Obviously the Note 3 will be better than a note 2 but trust me..this phone is awesome and if you can handle its size , im sure you'll fall in love with it.

Sent from my Note 2
    Guess im going with the note 2 then

Thanks everyone!
    07-18-2013 01:35 PM
    Wait.... unless u just have to have it now.... the note2 is to me still the best phone out...just my opinion. .. but in 3mo maybe 4 the note3 will be out...soooo... I say wait. .

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app
    07-18-2013 04:31 PM
    Guess im going with the note 2 then

Thanks everyone!
    Good choice. The Note 2 is the best phone you can get right now.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    07-21-2013 07:43 AM
    I just picked up a Note 2 a few weeks ago and am loving it. I am only 2 months into my 3 year contract, so price wise, it was cheaper for me to pick up a Note 2 now instead of upgrading through Rogers when the Note 3 comes out.
    Personally, I don't think the S4, or the upcoming Note 3, will offer much more to justify spending the more money.
    I am really in enjoying the Note 2 right now, it has all the features, hardware, etc. That I need. I haven't been able to put my phone down!

OP, I think you are making the right choice!

Posted via Android Central App on my Note 2!
    07-21-2013 08:24 AM
    If you are comfortable with note 2 size go for it else go for s4. I have moved from S3 to Nexus 4 and finally to note 2. And i am very happy with my note 2. And i don't consider S4 as an upgrade anymore.
    07-21-2013 09:00 AM
    If you can deal with the size of the Note 2 it's the far superior device. The battery lasts all day and into the next, the screen is gorgeous, the S Pen is cool, reading is doable, and the camera is comparable in quality to the S4. The Note is the first phone in a while to keep me rather content.
    vpblaze likes this.
    07-21-2013 03:03 PM
    If you can deal with the size of the Note 2 it's the far superior device. The battery lasts all day and into the next, the screen is gorgeous, the S Pen is cool, reading is doable, and the camera is comparable in quality to the S4. The Note is the first phone in a while to keep me rather content.
    I couldn't agree more with this more!
    I was a BlackBerry/Crackberry ***** a few weeks ago, now I have left that all behind me.
    THE NOTE 2 IS AWESOME!
    (and yes, capitals were necessary!)

SoodNihal and deep_s3 like this.
    07-21-2013 05:05 PM
    S4 has a number of issues as reviewed by its owners...so note 2 is quite cheaper nd d bst reviewed phone having android 4.1.2 its update is expected in nov 2013...note 3 will be costly as all of us know but full of features..u can wait for it...note series rock!!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using AC Forums mobile app
    07-22-2013 02:23 AM
    The s4 has the best performance and features.and his screen size isn't bad. And the best camera, the best display(ppi density)

Sent from my GT-I9500 using AC Forums mobile app
    07-22-2013 04:51 AM
    Yeah the Note 2 is a much better phone then the S4.

Pick up the Note 2 and you'll be set.

07-24-2013 06:08 AM
    I couldn't agree more with this more!
    I was a BlackBerry/Crackberry ***** a few weeks ago, now I have left that all behind me.
    THE NOTE 2 IS AWESOME!
    (and yes, capitals were necessary!)

Same him bro, i was a blackberry/crackberry until note 2 came. i replaced my bold9900 for a note 2 last May. I feel that this is the first phone I have that could last me at least 2 years. Will wait for the note 4 to come out

08-02-2013 03:48 AM
    You should test out both devices to see which one you like because everyones different. The note 2 is a phone that mainly revolves around productivty hence the S pen. The s4 really does have useless features I mean the air view on the s4 acts as zoom while youre web browsing while on the note 2 it acts like a cursor so it does drop down menus on websites, it does pretty much everything a cursor can do. If you watch videos, do web browsing, take notes or would like to take notes on something besides a laptop or if you want all day battery life then look no further than the note 2. But if youre not a heavy user rather just an average user who texts here and there, checks twitter or facebook here and there and dont do much with your phone then s4 is the better option. The note 3 will have an even bigger display most likely at 5.7 inch. In my opinion 5.5 inch is the limit for me, my next phone will have a smaller screen but too small

Posted via Android Central App
    08-02-2013 04:07 AM
    I would say get the Note 2. It's the best phone out right now and will be for a long time.

I'm waiting for the Note 4 that's when there will be serious changes to the Note.

08-02-2013 06:27 AM
    I would say get the Note 2. It's the best phone out right now and will be for a long time.

I'm waiting for the Note 4 that's when there will be serious changes to the Note.

Can't wait to see the big changes with the Note 4. My friend bought his first smartphone ever and picked up an S4. He was either going to get the free Droid RAZR M, RAZR MAXX HD, or an S4. Of course I said an S4 because he said he never had issues with signal in his area on Samsung flip phones so it was an obvious choice.

Just like you though I'll be waiting for the S4. I don't see the Note III healing worth using an upgrade.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    08-02-2013 07:08 AM