As you may have seen in this thread, I'm trying to improve my phone calling experience when using a car dock in a car without Bluetooth. I get great music using the iBolt dock USB/aux cable, and am discussing the details of the differences between that and the plain USB cable plus a headphone-to-line-in cable with someone from iBolt in that thread.

But I'd also like to investigate another alternative, which is to look into Bluetooth car kits for the car. Can anyone recommend an inexpensive Bluetooth kit that will plug into the line-in adapter on my car stereo and do both phone and music, as well as working with S-Voice, Google Voice Search, and possibly Utter (a third-party continuous voice recognition app I've been playing with on and off)? I'd prefer to not have to hit any buttons on the device to make it work, since I'll have my phone sitting there in its dock, with all of its UI right there ready to be used.
    07-25-2013 07:37 AM
    there are companys that make adapters that connect to your factory deck. with that being said. what type of car if it is factory deck. if not what model after market?
    07-25-2013 09:28 AM
    there are companys that make adapters that connect to your factory deck. with that being said. what type of car if it is factory deck. if not what model after market?
    It's a 2005 Toyota Sienna.
    07-25-2013 10:38 AM
    It's a 2005 Toyota Sienna.
    i've put in a few of these.
    iCarKits - BTY22JV8 for the 2005 TOYOTA SIENNA.
    07-25-2013 04:14 PM
    Thanks for the link! Unfortunately, that looks overpowered for my needs. Since my phone will be in a dock, I don't need call announcing or many more of the features that offers (the phone will do them for me), and I've already got the behind-dash harness kit.

I did a little poking around, and this is more like what I'm looking for. Do you know anything about that unit, or others like it?
    07-26-2013 08:32 AM
    Thanks for the link! Unfortunately, that looks overpowered for my needs. Since my phone will be in a dock, I don't need call announcing or many more of the features that offers (the phone will do them for me), and I've already got the behind-dash harness kit.

I did a little poking around, and this is more like what I'm looking for. Do you know anything about that unit, or others like it?
    what i linked it what would be similar to the hardfree kit installed from factory. it would turn off the radio when you get a call and what not.

that link you posted it just a microphone that plugs into your 12v for power and then an audio input port if your deck has one, which yours doesn't. Its basically a just a PC mic that needs power

just get this: Amazon.com: Jabra CRUISER 2 Bluetooth In-Car Speakerphone: Electronics

and use the internal Fm transmitter for your car radio. thats what i do with my Civic, and its portable for any car.
    07-26-2013 03:57 PM