Jealous if my sons HTC one remote function

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
My sons HTC one has a built in tv remote control fuction. Is there an app that is compatible with many different tv's? Anyone use a remote control app?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I have fios for my tv service and their tv remote /dvr control app is awesome. Most likely your cable service provider has a remote app.

Note 2,,ITS TRUE, SIZE IS EVERYTHING.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
There's a new Logitech harmony smart remote and it works pretty well.

If I'm telling you something you already know forgive me but depending on your TV setup you probably aren't going to find anything as simple as what your son has with the one because it has a built in ir blaster to control devices and anything you do with the note will be done over wifi

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
The s4 has it... Called an ir blaster

Yeah the s4 does have the same or blaster as the one. You just need to install a 3rd party app as Samsung doesn't provide one, and its either at your or your carriers discretion to provide it.

There is an completely free app in the market specifically for the s4 but I don't remember what it was called.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Yeah the s4 does have the same or blaster as the one. You just need to install a 3rd party app as Samsung doesn't provide one, and its either at your or your carriers discretion to provide it.

There is an completely free app in the market specifically for the s4 but I don't remember what it was called.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

The s4 ships with a remote/TV app

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4 Beta