So, I've been poking about with trying to find a good solution for doing this....

After taking a picture have it moved or copied to one or more of my Cloud drives (ie Dropbox, Skydrive, Box, Google Drive, etc)... of course it would be nice to have the move/copy totally controlled as in do the move/copy only when wifi connected, turned off completely, or prompt.

On my old HTC, I use to just allow the FB app to copy these up to my wall, but I would really prefer to have photos pushed up to a cloud drive so I can control better the sharing after I tweak the photo on my PC... as opposed to using FaceBook and just sharing after the photo take...

Any suggestions for a good app? Thanks in advance... and Happy GN2'ing !

~ScottGeek.
    07-27-2013 10:38 AM
    You can do auto upload to dropbox or Google. I do that and its set to upload on WiFi only.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    07-27-2013 10:44 AM
    Is that a setting somewhere I've missed in the drive app or a camera setting? Thanks ~ScottGeek

Update: I see the setting for Dropbox... would rather use Google drive...
    07-27-2013 11:00 AM
    I don't think drive has a setting. I usually copy from my SD card to drive so I have a second backup of media

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    07-27-2013 06:23 PM
    Is that a setting somewhere I've missed in the drive app or a camera setting? Thanks ~ScottGeek

Update: I see the setting for Dropbox... would rather use Google drive...
    Google Plus allows auto update/upload of pictures. And by default, the folder where pics get uploaded is set to ptivate. Its just your backup. From there you decide what to share and what to download to desktop....
    07-28-2013 11:31 PM
    Good suggestion... thanks. I actually have that turned on... and this works well as a backup push point. I was rather looking for an app that would push directly to my cloud storage with a bit more control.

Update** After poking about I came across an App called FolderSync. and I'm testing version 2.4.8. It seems to support all of the big cloud storing places... although the features vary depending on which cloud you are pushing to (i.e SkyDrive is not as flexible as say Google Drive). But so far so good- I got a pro key because some of the features I was looking for are only available with the pro-Edition.

My only really "wish it did that different" thing about FolderSync is some of limitations when using SkyDrive... I'm sure there's a valid reason like "API limitation" or "Feature not supported limitation" about SkyDrive that prevents the app from doing somethings you can do with Google Drive. For example, when you want to set up an automatic Schedule... the SkyDrive account does not support this. Maybe that will be added in the future? But this is like the major function I was looking for.... Automatic Schedule, btw, is where you can have the app based on Schedule, of course, push changes to or from the device to the cloud.... this works great with Google drive... not so much for SkyDrive.

Anyway, that's what I know at the moment.... Happy GN2'ing.

~ScottGeek.
    08-02-2013 08:34 AM
    The dropbox app on my cell syncs it automatically every time i take a pic. I can set it to wifi only or wifi/data plan. Mine is set to the later one. And all is well. All my pics are safe.

Posted via Android Central App
    08-02-2013 08:43 AM