Sadly I dropped my phone for the first time yesterday and cracked the screen but good thing that I bought the extended warrenty on it. Well my question is I have to send my bad cracked phone in the mail and they will send a new one will my apps and everything get deleted even the ones that I have bought or will they be restored On the new one when I start it up?
    Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app
    07-29-2013 09:59 AM
    Sadly I dropped my phone for the first time yesterday and cracked the screen but good thing that I bought the extended warrenty on it. Well my question is I have to send my bad cracked phone in the mail and they will send a new one will my apps and everything get deleted even the ones that I have bought or will they be restored On the new one when I start it up?
    Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app
    Everything will download fine. Google remembers your installs and purchases, not your phone.
    07-29-2013 10:03 AM
    I just went through this last week. I researched it, then ended up using Helium to backup my original device. When I got the replacement, I restored using Helium. But to be clear, this was mostly done for app data, so I wouldn't lose any of that. If you use google, as soon as you sign in on your new phone using your google credentials, it will start downloading your apps. But I wanted my game progress, bank data, etc. Helium is free for 30 days, but I went ahead and purchased it so I could use dropbox. Good luck!
    07-29-2013 10:03 AM
    Hello,

Sorry to hear about the cracked screen.

Regardless of the situation, you can log into your Google account online using a computer and hit the Play Store and select to redownload anything you previously installed on the device.

Second if you had the Google Backup setting selected on your old device it will reinstall your apps when setting up the new phone.
    07-29-2013 10:06 AM