Note 2 Internal Memory Lack Of

exwafu

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I am frustrated as hell. Out of the 10Gb space on my Note 2 LTE I am now down to just 436Mb. It shows 1Gb on apps, 1Gb pictures/Videos, 112kb audio, 49Mb misc. My memory seems to drain on a daily basis. I have cleared out misc files, dupicates, cache etc but cannot regain space.

My phone is not rooted as I do not know how to go about it.

Does anyone have the same problem and if so how did you resolve the problem. I am reluctant to hard reset and am trying to avoid it as this may not even solve the problem.

exwafu

:(

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Subtracting the GB or MB amounts in each of the five categories below the Total space figure in Settings > Storage should leave you with a number within a few MBs of the Available space figure. It's never exact, but I've never seen mine off by anything near the amount you're talking about. Sounds like there might be a rogue app appropriating internal storage in an inappropriate way.

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I am frustrated as hell. Out of the 10Gb space on my Note 2 LTE I am now down to just 436Mb. It shows 1Gb on apps, 1Gb pictures/Videos, 112kb audio, 49Mb misc. My memory seems to drain on a daily basis. I have cleared out misc files, dupicates, cache etc but cannot regain space.

My phone is not rooted as I do not know how to go about it.

Does anyone have the same problem and if so how did you resolve the problem. I am reluctant to hard reset and am trying to avoid it as this may not even solve the problem.

exwafu

:(

I keep everything on an sd card....pics/videos, ebooks, music, docs.....everything I can.

exwafu

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
So do I keep all on my SD card. Its weird, I deleted 500Mb from the picture/video file showing up on sdcard0 but it showed up on more space on extSdCard whilst sdcard0 remained the same. I cannot figure this out. NIGHTMARE as the phone will now not allow me to do updates or downlaod saying insufficient space!!!!!

eds817

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
I don't keep anything on the internal memory other than what came stock on the phone and the apps I've installed. I have 113 apps with the system apps and mine and I have 4+gb free. All personal files, pictures and video are on my 32gb SD card and the cloud.

yeankm

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I have the same issue. Everything i can get to sd card, i already did so. but the internal memory keep decreasing. After I did factory reset, it was clean for a while. But the memory somehow got used up again! I went to service centre, they did a reinstall of OS. After some time, and AGAIN!!! So frustrating....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781