hey i have been using this phone for like 6 mouths and have taken good care of it and yesterday while using the phone the display suddenly went off.if i look at the screen in the dark i can see a dim white light when i try to unlock the phone. other than this the phone is working perfectly i can here the unlock sound when i swipe the screen.volume keys home buttons everything working just that no display.... will have to change my display or can it be any other minor problem
    and i don't have warranty for the phone cuz i got it frm abroad so help please
    08-01-2013 05:01 PM
    If the backlight is turned down to zero (or if the backlight has failed), you might still be able to see things on the screen--is that the case if you look closely? If you can, try to find the brightness setting and see what level it's at. If it's at zero, then turn it up (obviously). If it's already set high, then it sounds like a problem with the backlight, and you might have to get it repaired.

Another option is to hook up your Note 2 to an HDTV, but that requires a special cable. If you have that cable, and you're able to mirror the screen on your TV, then you can find the brightness control more easily.
    08-01-2013 06:32 PM
    thx fo da reply b.diddy
    hey i was sure it was nt a brightness issue it was jst a plain white background and only visible in dark
    and gud news my phone jst started working normally and i did't do anything i hope the problem wont come back
    and how do check my phone has sudden death syndrome.... i run android 4.1.2 though
    08-01-2013 08:43 PM