Samsung Note 2 or Samsung Galaxy S4

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Well I am not sure if this is the right place to post i made this account to ask this question and im sure people will be subjective towards the note because im posting here but anyway:

Im due for a new phone and the note 2 and galaxy s4 caught my eye. Basically I use my phone mainly for playing games, texting, and reading stuff online. I think the features on the S4 are cool but it wont make or break the deal. I was interested in using the emulators and I know the specs on the S4 are better but do they really matter for running emulators? I dont really want the Note 3 because the screen would be TOO big. So basically running emulators and such would the S4's specs put it over, or do they really have not much to do with emulators? Ok well basically im more interested in running the emulators than anything else. Along with just that i guess you could say i am a tech nerd; I enjoy having the newest fastest things and I know that if I buy the S4 i can probably sell it in the future for more money than the note 2 and get a better phone in the future.

Also I know the S4 got an update recently to transfer apps and such to an sd card, can the note do that as well?

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
What phone do you have? I remember reading about the S4 getting an update to transfer apps to SD

- - - Updated - - -

What phone do you have? I remember reading about the S4 getting an update to transfer apps to SD

anon(6174973)

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site

- - - Updated - - -

I can do that on my S4. Not sure about whether the Note is able to do that or not.

Sent from my HP Slate 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

BobR1908

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Well I am not sure if this is the right place to post i made this account to ask this question and im sure people will be subjective towards the note because im posting here but anyway:

Im due for a new phone and the note 2 and galaxy s4 caught my eye. Basically I use my phone mainly for playing games, texting, and reading stuff online. I think the features on the S4 are cool but it wont make or break the deal. I was interested in using the emulators and I know the specs on the S4 are better but do they really matter for running emulators? I dont really want the Note 3 because the screen would be TOO big. So basically running emulators and such would the S4's specs put it over, or do they really have not much to do with emulators? Ok well basically im more interested in running the emulators than anything else. Along with just that i guess you could say i am a tech nerd; I enjoy having the newest fastest things and I know that if I buy the S4 i can probably sell it in the future for more money than the note 2 and get a better phone in the future.

Also I know the S4 got an update recently to transfer apps and such to an sd card, can the note do that as well?

I have both and use my Note 2 most. My S4 gets limited time, goes to show just how great the Note 2 is. Still.

Posted via Android Central App

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I have both and use my Note 2 most. My S4 gets limited time, goes to show just how great the Note 2 is. Still.

in regards to performance with emulators like ppsspp and nds4droid does the note play that much better? or are they almost the same because the emulators are a main reason i am choosing the phone

vpblaze

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Hey Justin,

For what you describe you would be using the phone for, I would say go for the Note.
Mainly because the bigger screen would be better for the activities you will mainly be doing.

Furthermore, you say you don't want the Note 3, because it would be too big.
From what has been leaked so far about the Note 3, yes the screen will be 5.7 inches, which is only 0.2 inches bigger. Which isn't really that much. As well, there has been talk that while the screen is going bigger, the bezels are being made smaller, which could keep the width of the phone closely the same size of the Note 2. If this is the case, that's great engineering on Samsungs part.

Personally, at this stage in the game, with the Samsung announcements coming in a months time, I would suggest to wait and see what the Note 3 holds.
Either way though, whichever phone you do decide to go with, you won't be disappointed!

Posted via Android Central App on my Note 2!

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
yeah ive been looking into it and ill hold onto my phone for a couple more months for the note 3. Im just not sure how i am going to feel about a phone that big. virtually though isnt it supposed to be a bigger s4?

vpblaze

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
By the sounds of it, it will have most/all of the regular S4 features, as well of all the features that make a Note a Note.

Posted via Android Central App on my Note 2!

BobR1908

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
in regards to performance with emulators like ppsspp and nds4droid does the note play that much better? or are they almost the same because the emulators are a main reason i am choosing the phone

I do not use them so cannot comment, sorry.

anon(6174973)

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site

Ppsspp runs really smoothly on my S4 and I can play Bomberman Land and Burnout.

Sent from my HP Slate 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Onemoa

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
If you want a phone that still has allot of life left in it. And just might be the best phone out at this time. Great battery life, quad core, amazing display, good size.. Ect..

The Note 2 is the way to go. I'm going to wait another year and pick up the Note 4. I'm going to skip the Note 3, unless it has a feature a can't live without, lol.

In fact from what I've heard. Most Note 2 owners are going to skip the Note 3. A year from now, that's when the big changes will come. Battery life, build quality, everything..

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 4

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I've had the Note 2 and now have the S4. I'd say if you're planning to skip the Note 3 then go with the S4. The Note 2 is a great device but imo the S4 is better (unless you really want that S Pen). See...that .5" doesn't make that much difference and comes at the cost of a slower processor and lesser screen.

Sent from my Eclipsed S4

Last edited:

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
i was just thinking of upgrading to the s4 and then when the note 3 comes out sell the s4 and my iphone for the note 3

Might not be a bad idea. I want the Note 3 but I will hold back a bit...see if it has any glaring issues. I'm still very very very very really very happy with my S4 and Note 8 combo.

Sent from my Note 8.0 LTE

negricare

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
From the feedback we have received, most of of our customers seem to gravitate more to the Galaxy S 4 than the Note II, for the devices features and processor.

mssca

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
I have S3 and since the Note 2 came bit after S3 and S4 has the Samsung's new hardware, I would go with S4 OR wait till September to see what Note 3 will have for RAM (hope it is 3 GB) and the processor.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781