BORED with the iPhone 5

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I have a note2. I would go with that. The s4 has newer bells and whistles though. Just depends on device size. Some claim that the note is too big. I guess it all depends on how small or big of a person you are

Sent from my Note2 using Tapatalk4 Beta

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
You'll be fine with the note then. The s4 will be too small. I'm 6 foot. 240. I was playing with my ipod yesterday and my daughter told me that my hands were too big for it. The note seems to be a normal, man sized device. Go for it

Onemoa

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Once you own the Note 2 for about a week. It will feel normal and small phones will feel weird to hold.

As far as the Note 2 vs S4 the Note 2 wins. Once it gets 4.3 and the new Touch-Wiz 2.0 with the be camera features and all the cool new toggles, ect. It will be awesome.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 4

randall2580

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
I would start with the caveat that the Note 3 is expected to be announced next month and probably would be out in October if the past is prologue. You might want to be patient and see what Sammy has up it's sleeve for the new Note.

That said I LOVE the Note 2. I have had smartphones since the BlackBerry 7520 and I think the Note 2 is my all time favorite, bar none. It does it all. I think it all boils down to can you handle the size. I am like you a big guy 6'2" as well, with big hands and I have no trouble wielding my Note 2 around. Occasionally you have to slide it up in your hand for one handed use but you learn the trick easily.

The other thing is the screen the GS4 is 1080p while the Note 2 is 720p. For most things I never notice, but occasionally I would like a sharper screen. I am sure that's one of the things the Note 3 will update.

The bells and whistles the GS4 bring to the table aren't that interesting for me and many of them the Note already has, I hope we see the rumored update the 4.3 (most likely not until after the release of the Note 3) and that could bring along more of them when that happens.

The GSM Note 2 is very easily rooted if you are into that sort of thing, the Verizon requires a little more work. There is some nice development for the Note and the CM10.1 nightlies work really well already.

I think once you had the bigger screen you won't ever look back. JMHO.

Chris Flowers

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Came from iPhone 5 myself. Wouldn't go back now. Only thing I miss is the updates. You have to accept and get used to being at the mercy of Samsung and when they can be bothered or even if they will at all, your handset. There is also the danger that your device may not receive any further Android revisions.

Other then that though, there are a few things you will miss until you get accustomed to Android/TouchWiz but they're soon forgotten about i.e. tap to go to top in all apps.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 4

GeekMoxie

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I in the same boat that you are in.
I'm totally bored with my iPhone 5. I'm trying to decide between the Note 2 or the Moto X.

I'm a female that is 5'0" so the size is definitely a factor in my decision. The few times I played with it at Best Buy it didn't seem too bad. I'm going to see about handling one without the sensor to get a good feel without anything in the way.

Let us know what you decide!

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I'm totally bored with my iPhone 5. I'm trying to decide between the Note 2 or the Moto X.

I'm a female that is 5'0" so the size is definitely a factor in my decision. The few times I played with it at Best Buy it didn't seem too bad. I'm going to see about handling one without the sensor to get a good feel without anything in the way.

I'm looking into the Moto X too. All I'm worked about is that the device will feel too small. At your size it may fit you better. But the note taking ability of the note is very nice to have along with the s pen. It doesn't take long to get used to the size of it

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Your height and build has nothing to do with it. Lol. I am a woman and I have the Note2. Small hands. Not a problem for me. Love the Note2. :):):):):)

sent from my amazing Note2

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site

I'm 5' 2" and have had no problem with the note 2....i adore the screen size and will never step down to something smaller....in fact i often read with my note 8 one handed... my husband has the note 2 and carries it in his front pocket, no problem...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc