Drawing App for the Note 2

donnha

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi All, I'm a cartoonist and Note 2 owner who was frustrated by the lack of decent drawing apps that take advantage of the Note's S-Pen so I wrote my own. It's called DoodleInk and I think it's pretty great for making doodles, cartoons, and watercolor style paintings. You can see some examples of art made in DoodleInk in the Google Play store listing.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.doodlehead.doodleink

EDIT: Thanks to BClinger's feedback I've made a trial apk. If you're interested in testing it out and feel comfortable sideloading an app you can download the apk from:

http://www.doodleapps.com/downloads/DoodleInk.apk

After you download it, go to your downloads folder in your file manager ("My Files") and click on the apk to install it. You may have to change a setting to allow unsigned programs to be installed. This version expires on the 30th of August, 2013.

Last edited:

donnha

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Not sure what that means. It should only ask for permissions for external storage and internet. I'm currently working on making a time trial apk so people can test drive it if they're tentative about spending $0.99. Cheers!

donnha

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
If you're interested in testing it out you can download the apk from:

http://www.doodleapps.com/downloads/DoodleInk.apk

After you download it, go to your downloads folder in your file manager ("My Files") and click on the apk to install it. You may have to change a setting to allow unsigned programs to be installed. This version expires on the 30th of August, 2013. I'll get to work on a test drive version, thanks for the advice. I'm rather new to developing for Android. ;)

Donn

donnha

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Thanks! Contact me at donnha(at)doodlehead.com if you want a refund or are in any way unsatisfied with the product. My job is to make people happy.

donnha

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
I posted these in the other thread that for some reason sprang back to life. Here are some drawings I made with DoodleInk, demonstrating the watercolor tool and the nib pen tool.

sketchSmall0.jpg

sketchSmall1.jpg

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
What does this have over sketchbook pro?

My daughter loves to sketch and I have sketchbook pro also, however is has a different feel/look in the pencil setting. she's always looking for something a little closer to pencil and paper. it's just another fun option for $.99 what the heck!

mtech5

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
I figured just pay the .99. It's not going to hurt. It seems to work well. I'll play with it some more and give some more feedback later.

Posted via Android Central App

donnha

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
I think the differentiators of DoodleInk from Sketchbook for the Note 2 are more natural media like the pencil and a watercolor tool which uses cell based wetness for color build up, a color layer flood fill that allows you to ink on the ink layer and fill on the color layer, better pressure response for the ink pen, and a higher cap on maximum brush width. I'm also actively improving the product so expect to see more refinement over time.

Mom2Ninjas

May 25, 2010
Visit site
My daughter loves to sketch and I have sketchbook pro also, however is has a different feel/look in the pencil setting. she's always looking for something a little closer to pencil and paper. it's just another fun option for $.99 what the heck!

It isn't the .99 It's the fact that I streamline the apps I use on my phone.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci