no text message notifications

kiran ahmad

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
I am having a problem in receiving text message notification.. it does not make the sound when text comes and dont even show in the task bar.. the only way to check whether I got a new message is to go manually to my inbox.. is anyone also facing this problem? And does anyone know how to fix it???

taife32

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
kiran ahmad could you please offer more information about the android version you are running, the launcher you are using and such? I'm assuming this is the Galaxy Note 2.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4

timorous

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Hey kiran;
I was having the same problem. After probing around the settings in my LG Optimus L5, I found there's 2 ways of setting notifications. One is through System Settings->Apps->Messaging. In there, you can choose to turn off notifications, Clear Cache, or Clear Data. Doing the last 2 things doesn't seem to help. Then I started my Messaging app, pressed the menu button, clicked on Settings->Notifications. Ah-ha...the messaging notifications had somehow been turned off (this is a different setting that the other 'System Settings'). So I turned them back on, and it works fine now. It must have been a side-effect from something else..possibly an Android bug. Hope that helps.

Hurleyka

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I am having the same problem and cannot seem to fix it I have a Galaxy s3 and notifications are turned on, although I am not notified of a message. I am receiving emails fine but not text messages. This is the case even if my phone is on sound and vibrate, still no notification.

For_deb

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I'm having the same problem with the Note 2. All my notification boxes are checked, but I'm not getting the notifications. This happened after I added the message widget onto my screen. I've since deleted the widget, but it's still not working. I've triple checked that my settings for text notifications using the steps that are listed above and I always use the blocking function so I know that that is not on. I'm using Android version 4.3. Thank you.

hopefulfarm

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Is everyone using the stock messaging app? Or have any of you downloaded another messaging app?

For instance I use Handcent.

Note2

jjean1953

May 22, 2014
Visit site
I am having the exact same problem. My notifications are all set correctly. Checked about 15 times. Very frustration. Any solution to this problem yet?

jjean1953

May 22, 2014
Visit site
Found another site with the information that corrected this problem for me. I removed "hangouts" from my phone. finally worked. Here is the information I got it from:

Among the common culprits are the Hangouts app and some pre-installed messaging apps of some carriers like Verizon. Based on the statements of some users who have uninstalled the mentioned apps, they were able to solve the problem.
Read more at Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Text Notifications Not Showing Up

eman747

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
Hey kiran;
I was having the same problem. After probing around the settings in my LG Optimus L5, I found there's 2 ways of setting notifications. One is through System Settings->Apps->Messaging. In there, you can choose to turn off notifications, Clear Cache, or Clear Data. Doing the last 2 things doesn't seem to help. Then I started my Messaging app, pressed the menu button, clicked on Settings->Notifications. Ah-ha...the messaging notifications had somehow been turned off (this is a different setting that the other 'System Settings'). So I turned them back on, and it works fine now. It must have been a side-effect from something else..possibly an Android bug. Hope that helps.

dude, thank you so much. I can't believe it was so simple but that fixed my problem. Thank you again.

kimmy350

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
My husband was not getting test notifications or his selected notification sound. Removing the "handouts" app worked. Samsung Galaxy S3. Thanks for your help.

gblackbat

May 27, 2016
Visit site
I'm using an HTC Desire, running Android 4.4.2. I haven't had an android phone for about 2yrs, just got this one from my wife for father's day (usually used a windows phone). I changed my defauld SMS app from the stock messages to messenger, and I am not getting a screen notification on messenger when I receive a new text. The only way to check is by opening the app. I've checked, and all notifications are turned on (phone and app). I have tried removing Hangouts (had to disable it, as I am unable to completely remove it). Still I'm not getting any screen notifications for new sms messages. I chose messenger because it allowed me to set a particular tone for different contacts. I couldn't do that with the stock messages app. I like that option, but I have to be able to see when I get a new text, otherwise I'll be missing texts all day!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arslan