galaxy Mega or note 3

llfloyd79

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Note 3 of course. To me the Galaxy Mega specs are no better than the Note 2 lol.....

Posted via Android Central App

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Note 3. I don't think I'll ever have another phone without the s-pen. Moving from the Note 2 to anything less than a 3 seems like a downgrade.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Note 3 of course. To me the Galaxy Mega specs are no better than the Note 2 lol.....

Depends if your main goal is a large screen, then the mega 6.3 is a good choice. Spec wise, besides the screen size, the note 3 should be better.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II via Tapatalk 4

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site

johnmcd348

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Isn't the Mega physically the same size as the Note2? Or was it the Note 3 that they did the GS4 treatment too by moving the screen out and up more on the same platform? Either way, I'm staying with the Note and any other style phone that has the Stylus similar to that. The fat, stubby generic stylus is horrible for trying to write notes with and I'll never go back to that again. I tried it once with the newer style phones and switched OS's and brands entirely simply for the writing and note taking ability that I had 15 year before with my old PDA's. When the time comes for me to need a new phone, Which ever one has a stylus that is functional as a TRUE writing utensil will be the one that gets my money.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Isn't the Mega physically the same size as the Note2? Or was it the Note 3 that they did the GS4 treatment too by moving the screen out and up more on the same platform? Either way, I'm staying with the Note and any other style phone that has the Stylus similar to that. The fat, stubby generic stylus is horrible for trying to write notes with and I'll never go back to that again. I tried it once with the newer style phones and switched OS's and brands entirely simply for the writing and note taking ability that I had 15 year before with my old PDA's. When the time comes for me to need a new phone, Which ever one has a stylus that is functional as a TRUE writing utensil will be the one that gets my money.

Mega is physically larger than Note 2 (see the spec comparison link in my post above :)). It's suspected that the Note 3 will be about the same physical size as the Note 2, assuming they reduce the bezels to accommodate its larger 5.7" screen. See this link: Galaxy Note 3 reportedly packing 5.68-inch Full HD SuperAMOLED screen | Android Central

Xopher

Trusted Member
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm waiting to upgrade my Note 2 with the Note 3.

I would consider getting the Mega for my daughter, though. That way, she gets a tablet and phone all in one. No need to spend money on two devices.

I look at the Mega as a tablet that makes phone calls, rather than being a large phone.

badkitties

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Samsung does not make it easy to choose.

What I really want in a phone is:

(1) 6.3(or bigger) 1080p SuperAMOLED screen
(2) 8-core processor
(3) dual SIM card slots(one for Verizon 4G LTE) and one for AT&T 4G LTE),
(4) S-Pen
(5) front-facing stereo speakers)
(6) waterproof(yes... if other manufacturers can do it, so can Samsung)
(7) built-in memory of 64GB
(8) full-size SD card slot (not MicroSD)
(9) digital OTA TV tuner (Samsung has it on phones for Korea, why not the US?)
(10) FM radio tuner(again, Samsung has it on phones for Korea, why not the US?)
(11) no physical home button
(12) built-in food dispenser (just checking to see if you're still reading this :D )

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't even consider the Mega as a phone enthusiast. Its specs just seem poor...but it'd be fine for my kids. The Note 3 would be the tool-n-toy for Mommy or Daddy.

Sent from my Note 8.0 LTE

Double0EK

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Note 3 for me too. I played with a Mega the other day and the only thing that I liked was the screen size. But my Note 2 in my Otterbox was just a tad bit smaller than the Mega in comparison to size.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
With only 4GB of available internal storage its hard to see the Mega as a win (notice I didn't say it was a fail). If you're buying the phone and expecting it to last you 2-3 years this could be seen as a terrific impediment.

Sent from my humble Note 8.0 LTE

Enrique2SIM

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
Samsung does not make it easy to choose.

What I really want in a phone is:

(1) 6.3(or bigger) 1080p SuperAMOLED screen
(2) 8-core processor
(3) dual SIM card slots(one for Verizon 4G LTE) and one for AT&T 4G LTE),
(4) S-Pen
(5) front-facing stereo speakers)
(6) waterproof(yes... if other manufacturers can do it, so can Samsung)
(7) built-in memory of 64GB
(8) full-size SD card slot (not MicroSD)
(9) digital OTA TV tuner (Samsung has it on phones for Korea, why not the US?)
(10) FM radio tuner(again, Samsung has it on phones for Korea, why not the US?)
(11) no physical home button
(12) built-in food dispenser (just checking to see if you're still reading this :D )

Hi there,

This specs would result revolutionary !!! Anyway, dreams are free...:cool:

TheNoteGuy

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
The mega, is bigger screen in all. The specs are quite different. The note 2, has a quad core processor, while the mega is still catching up with its dual core. So, if id be you id go to the note 3. Personally I have the note 2, and I love it. I dont think I will be upgrading to the note 3, it pretty much has all the same technical stuff, except its bigger screen.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084