Which one will u get

ATT Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    08-21-2013 04:34 PM
    Note 3 if I get anything.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4
    08-21-2013 05:04 PM
    Note 3 of course. To me the Galaxy Mega specs are no better than the Note 2 lol.....

Posted via Android Central App
    08-21-2013 06:24 PM
    Note 3.

Sent from my Note 8.
    08-22-2013 04:27 AM
    Note 3. I don't think I'll ever have another phone without the s-pen. Moving from the Note 2 to anything less than a 3 seems like a downgrade.

08-22-2013 05:36 AM
    Note 3 of course. To me the Galaxy Mega specs are no better than the Note 2 lol.....

Depends if your main goal is a large screen, then the mega 6.3 is a good choice. Spec wise, besides the screen size, the note 3 should be better.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II via Tapatalk 4
    08-22-2013 07:54 AM
    Definitely Note 3 (even Note 2 over Mega). To me, the Mega is just not in the same class. It has lesser specs than the Note 2 (ex. dual core CPU, 1.5GB memory, 8GB internal storage, lower display ppi, and no S-Pen).

See this spec comparison between the Note 2 and Mega:
    Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 vs Samsung GALAXY Note II - Phone specs comparison

And AC's review of the Mega here:
    Samsung Galaxy Mega (6.3) review | Android Central
    08-22-2013 08:12 AM
    Isn't the Mega physically the same size as the Note2? Or was it the Note 3 that they did the GS4 treatment too by moving the screen out and up more on the same platform? Either way, I'm staying with the Note and any other style phone that has the Stylus similar to that. The fat, stubby generic stylus is horrible for trying to write notes with and I'll never go back to that again. I tried it once with the newer style phones and switched OS's and brands entirely simply for the writing and note taking ability that I had 15 year before with my old PDA's. When the time comes for me to need a new phone, Which ever one has a stylus that is functional as a TRUE writing utensil will be the one that gets my money.
    08-22-2013 08:29 AM
    Isn't the Mega physically the same size as the Note2? Or was it the Note 3 that they did the GS4 treatment too by moving the screen out and up more on the same platform? Either way, I'm staying with the Note and any other style phone that has the Stylus similar to that. The fat, stubby generic stylus is horrible for trying to write notes with and I'll never go back to that again. I tried it once with the newer style phones and switched OS's and brands entirely simply for the writing and note taking ability that I had 15 year before with my old PDA's. When the time comes for me to need a new phone, Which ever one has a stylus that is functional as a TRUE writing utensil will be the one that gets my money.
    Mega is physically larger than Note 2 (see the spec comparison link in my post above ). It's suspected that the Note 3 will be about the same physical size as the Note 2, assuming they reduce the bezels to accommodate its larger 5.7" screen. See this link: Galaxy Note 3 reportedly packing 5.68-inch Full HD SuperAMOLED screen | Android Central
    08-22-2013 08:59 AM
    Note 3.
    I would even consider it a downgrade getting a Mega instead of a Note 2.
    08-22-2013 10:20 AM
    I'm waiting to upgrade my Note 2 with the Note 3.

I would consider getting the Mega for my daughter, though. That way, she gets a tablet and phone all in one. No need to spend money on two devices.

I look at the Mega as a tablet that makes phone calls, rather than being a large phone.
    08-22-2013 11:20 AM
    Samsung does not make it easy to choose.

What I really want in a phone is:

(1) 6.3(or bigger) 1080p SuperAMOLED screen
    (2) 8-core processor
    (3) dual SIM card slots(one for Verizon 4G LTE) and one for AT&T 4G LTE),
    (4) S-Pen
    (5) front-facing stereo speakers)
    (6) waterproof(yes... if other manufacturers can do it, so can Samsung)
    (7) built-in memory of 64GB
    (8) full-size SD card slot (not MicroSD)
    (9) digital OTA TV tuner (Samsung has it on phones for Korea, why not the US?)
    (10) FM radio tuner(again, Samsung has it on phones for Korea, why not the US?)
    (11) no physical home button
    (12) built-in food dispenser (just checking to see if you're still reading this )
    08-22-2013 11:54 AM
    I wouldn't even consider the Mega as a phone enthusiast. Its specs just seem poor...but it'd be fine for my kids. The Note 3 would be the tool-n-toy for Mommy or Daddy.

Sent from my Note 8.0 LTE
    08-22-2013 04:31 PM
    Note 3

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using AC Forums mobile app
    mountainman likes this.
    08-24-2013 06:09 AM
    True! !

- - - Updated - - -

Note 3
    08-25-2013 08:26 PM
    Note 3 for me too. I played with a Mega the other day and the only thing that I liked was the screen size. But my Note 2 in my Otterbox was just a tad bit smaller than the Mega in comparison to size.
    08-26-2013 07:45 AM
    With only 4GB of available internal storage its hard to see the Mega as a win (notice I didn't say it was a fail). If you're buying the phone and expecting it to last you 2-3 years this could be seen as a terrific impediment.

Sent from my humble Note 8.0 LTE
    08-26-2013 09:49 AM
    Samsung does not make it easy to choose.

What I really want in a phone is:

(1) 6.3(or bigger) 1080p SuperAMOLED screen
    (2) 8-core processor
    (3) dual SIM card slots(one for Verizon 4G LTE) and one for AT&T 4G LTE),
    (4) S-Pen
    (5) front-facing stereo speakers)
    (6) waterproof(yes... if other manufacturers can do it, so can Samsung)
    (7) built-in memory of 64GB
    (8) full-size SD card slot (not MicroSD)
    (9) digital OTA TV tuner (Samsung has it on phones for Korea, why not the US?)
    (10) FM radio tuner(again, Samsung has it on phones for Korea, why not the US?)
    (11) no physical home button
    (12) built-in food dispenser (just checking to see if you're still reading this )
    Hi there,

This specs would result revolutionary !!! Anyway, dreams are free...
    10-24-2013 09:29 PM
    To me the Mega is basically a poor man's Note

Sent from my GT-N7105T using AC Forums mobile app
    TheNoteGuy likes this.
    10-25-2013 05:02 AM
    The mega, is bigger screen in all. The specs are quite different. The note 2, has a quad core processor, while the mega is still catching up with its dual core. So, if id be you id go to the note 3. Personally I have the note 2, and I love it. I dont think I will be upgrading to the note 3, it pretty much has all the same technical stuff, except its bigger screen.

10-28-2013 11:47 AM
    Which one will u get
    The Galaxy MEGA phones -- both the 5.8-inch and 6.3-inch diagonal measure sizes -- are Samsung experiments to figure out if larger screen size, alone, is enough to make a phone popular. That's all they are. Don't expect either of them to be around long.

That's why they're so inexpensive... so that even those not generally considered to be willing to pay for larger screens will be given the opportunity to opt for them. Samsung is trying to do long-term planning regarding screen sizes, and is using the MEGA phones as bait.

There is virtually no comparison between a MEGA -- either of them -- and either a Note II or Note III (or even an original Note). They're nothing like one another, other than large screens.

The MEGA phones, by comparison with the Note phones are grossly underpowered, and their screens aren't even SuperAMOLED... they're just LED.

And, of course, neither of the MEGA phones have a stylus.

If all you want is the large screen, and it's okay that your phone is really no better than a much smaller... oh... let's say a Galaxy Express or something, then, yes, by all means, get a MEGA. But don't even dare think of it is anything like the Notes II or III. They're not even in the same league.

SPECS:
    * Samsung Galaxy Note (the original Note)
    * Samsung Galaxy Note II and Note III, compared
    * Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8 and 6.3, compared
    10-29-2013 06:27 PM
    Seven inches, diagonally, is the defacto demarcation point between a phone and a tablet. The ideal phone, in my opinion, would have a screen anywhere between 6 and 7 inches diagonally (closer to 7 if possible, but at some point even a big guy, like me, holding something that large up to the side of my head to use it as a phone starts to look stupid... but, that said, anything from 6.5-inches diagonally, to 7-inches diagonally, would be just about perfect!).

And it should have a stylus... either of the Note II type or the Note III type, but definitely not of the original Note type. Obviously, preferably, it would be of the Note II type.

Beyond that, though, honestly, either the Note II's or the Note III's specs are adequate... at least for now. As I've explained in other threads, the problem with the Android world is that app makers just keep assuming that everyone's using the latest, greatest phones, with huge amounts of RAM, storage and fast processors; and so apps keep getting bigger and require more resources; and so, eventually, even a phone (or tablet) with the Note III's specs aren't enough. That's too bad. Android app makers could learn a thing or two from Windows software authors who understand "backward compatibility," and so ensure that their apps will minimally run on XP, Vista, Win7 and, now, Win8. Android apps, in my opinion, should all be capable of running well and fast on any phone that's up to three -- maybe even four -- years old... but that's just my opinion.

Anyway, my point is that if the phone had a nice 6.5-inch, let's say, SuperAMOLED screen, and all the other the specs of, say, a Note III (maybe with just one GB more RAM), then I'd have to say that that's pretty much the perfect phone. Perfect.

Or so it is my opinion.
    10-29-2013 06:38 PM
    Even the Note 3 as big as it is is a little small as a note taking device for all but the smallest notes (grocery lists, customer details, etc.)

from a '14 Note 10.1
    10-29-2013 07:27 PM
    Even the Note 3 as big as it is is a little small as a note taking device for all but the smallest notes (grocery lists, customer details, etc.)
    Well, of course, the Note III is really only barely bigger than the Note II; and even then, in only one dimension.

NOTE 2 | 151.1 x 80.5 x 9.4 mm (5.95 x 3.17 x 0.37 in)
    NOTE 3 | 151.2 x 79.2 x 8.3 mm (5.95 x 3.12 x 0.33 in)
    SOURCE: GSM Arena

The Note 3 is, yes, longer/taller; but it's actually less wide (more narrow) and thinner. It's really just the screen that's a tiny bit bigger; and I don't like how they achieved that: I'm worried that the decreased belzel-to-digitizer distance in the Note 3 will make it fragile for purposes of surviving simple drops to the floor from waist or chest height... like the S3.

But now I digress. Sorry.

I agree with you, in any case, that "even the Note 3, as big as it is, is a little small as a note taking device." That's absolutely, positively true. And the truth is that even a 6-inch or even 6.5-inch screen would be only barely better... though likely better enough! Though some seven-inch tablet users complain that it's just about an inch too small for many things, the reason 7-inches is the aforementioned demarcation point is because, honestly, at 7-inches, the screen really does start to be large enough for most things; and so a screen of only a half inch smaller would still be close enough...

...especially if the device could also double as a phone. At a screen size of 6.5 to maybe 6.75 inches, a phone really and truly does become a "phablet" which really and truly can be one's both phone and tablet. And that's particularly useful for people like me who could never, in a million years, do all his computing on a tablet; and who will always need either a bona fide desktop replacement notebook -- or an actual desktop; but preferably the notebook -- as his main computer. For people like me, having a phone that's good enough to be a tablet for times when I'm out and about without my notebook is absolutely perfect!

You cannot possibly believe, then, how much I'm hoping Samsung willl just freakin' go for it, and make the Note IV, for example, a 6.5-inch device! Either that, or make the next MEGA a Note-like device in terms of features and power, add a stylus to it, and increase its screen size from 6.3 to 6.5 inches. Either that, or just come out with a phone that's expressly for people like me -- call it the "Samsung Phablet," if that's what it takes -- and just make it either 6.75 or even 7 inches (6.75 inches, trust me, would be good enough).

I don't, in fact, know why most of the phone makers haven't decided to do that yet; but I definitely want Samsung to do it. I'm a Samsung fan; and one of the reasons is that Samsung knows how to make the phone only a tiny bit larger than the actual screen... with no big wide area between the screen's edge and the edge of the case (the bezel).

The Asus Fonepad, for example, is already a 7-inch phablet (see, also here)... but just look at the width of the ugly border around the screen! Ugh! And that's of course, because Asus actually thinks of it as a tablet, first; but, oh-by-the-way, also with phone capabilities.

Someone (and I want it to be Samsung) needs to think of it the other way around: As a phone, first; but with a screen large enough (and a stylus, and enough processing power, RAM and storage) to also allow it to be a fully-fledged tablet. A Samsung Galaxy-family phone of Note 3 features and capabilties (and, of course, with the nice narrow screen-to-bezel width; and maybe a 4th GB of RAM), but with a 6.5-inch to 6.75-inch screen, would just about do it!
    10-29-2013 09:36 PM