So, this has been driving me nuts for the last few weeks.
    Randomly, my Note will just stop being able to rotate between landscape and portrait mode.
    For example; I will be browsing the Web, I rotate it to portrait to type in a address, then rotate back to landscape to view the page, then I will rotate back to type something else, but it won't rotate.
    I am not saying that's the only time it happens. It is literally random and I haven't been able to find any consistency. I have deleted, reinstalled, gotten rid off apps. Open, closed apps in different orders, still can't replicate it on purpose.

So far, the only way I have been able to fix it is by restarting my Note. So far I have had it happen at least once a day. Sometimes up to 3 times a day.
    So, has anyone else had this problem? Any fix ideas?

Posted via Android Central App on my Note 2!
    08-22-2013 09:33 PM
    Keeping the soft reasons aside for more knowledgeble viewers, only one point cropped up in my mind....have the Note 2 dropped from your hand or a similar sudden thud or something ? That might be a reason for some hardware to not function normally.

PS- i think you have already considered this point...

Sent using AC Forums mobile app
    08-23-2013 12:24 AM
    Dropping it would make sense. Could have bumped some kind of sensor, who knows.
    I can't remember dropping it though. It would be easier if it was a software issue. Those are easier to fix then a physically broken phone.

08-23-2013 10:57 AM
    So, this has been driving me nuts for the last few weeks.
    Randomly, my Note will just stop being able to rotate between landscape and portrait mode.
    For example; I will be browsing the Web, I rotate it to portrait to type in a address, then rotate back to landscape to view the page, then I will rotate back to type something else, but it won't rotate.
    I am not saying that's the only time it happens. It is literally random and I haven't been able to find any consistency. I have deleted, reinstalled, gotten rid off apps. Open, closed apps in different orders, still can't replicate it on purpose.

So far, the only way I have been able to fix it is by restarting my Note. So far I have had it happen at least once a day. Sometimes up to 3 times a day.
    So, has anyone else had this problem? Any fix ideas?

This is known bug apparently introduced with 4.1.2, and has been discussed here before. Until it's presumably fixed (whenever 4.2.2 4.3 comes out on the Note 2), get a screen rotation app like Rotation Lock Adaptive or Ultimate Rotation Control. The discussion thread I linked to also mentions a few tricks, but I can't vouch for any of them.
    08-23-2013 11:38 AM
    Thanks Jas. I don't know why that one didn't come up in the search.
    Here is hoping 4.3 could fix it.....

08-23-2013 12:20 PM