I have a Samsung Note 2. Until fairly recently I was able to change the Device ringtone by going into Settings->Sound->Device ringtone.
    I can still change the ringtone setting here and it lists the changed ringtone, but when I call the phone, the old ringtone sounds. No matter what ringtone I choose, the result is the same. I have moved mp3 files into Computer\GT-N7100\Phone\media\audio\Ringtones, into Computer\GT-N7100\Phone\Ringtones and into Computer\GT-N7100\Phone\MagicRing\com.Psms\Ringtone. It makes no difference. The old ringtone still rings, even though a different ringtone is listed under Device Ringtone. The only way I have found to change the actual ringtone is to go into a specific Contact, and change the ringtone for that Contact. When that Contact rings, the listed ringtone then rings.
    I don't know if this is relevant but I did install the App, "Popular SMS Ringtone" . But I don't know if the problem started with the installation of this App. i tried uninstalling it but it made no difference. I did notice that even after uninstalling the App, the directory Computer\GT-N7100\Phone\MagicRing did not get deleted.

I don't know anything about Android but it seems that somewhere internally, it has lost the link to the Device Ringtone and is choosing some default of its own.
    Any help would be much appreciated.
    08-24-2013 02:16 PM
    This is about to sound like backwards thinking but download Ringtone Maker from the Play Store. Create a ringtone and save it. Hit the Apply as Ringtone button and see if this does anything. I would recommend a phone reboot but I figure you've already done this.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using AC Forums.
    09-06-2013 01:21 PM