when note2 gets 4.2 update

jpriest007

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Samsung said that the GN2 was probably going to skip the 4.2 and get 4.3. Nobody knows when though.

Posted from my Galaxy Note 2 via Android Central App

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
It's going to be after the Note 3 is released, probably fairly well after, depending on the carrier. I wouldn't expect to see it on my AT&T Note 2 until the end of the year.

I have 4.3 on my Nexus 10. It hasn't rocked my world. I bought the Note 2 for what it was and still is, and I'm happy with it as is.

jpriest007

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I'm on Verizon. I figure that it might arrive on my GN2 in November. I'm looking forward to getting some of the software features that the GS4 has. Like more air view actions. The GN2 has the capability.

Posted from my Galaxy Note 2 via Android Central App

DWooderson

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I am also happy with 4.1, the GN2 is so fast, and the battery life is amazing. What more could you want?

But I've wondered whether the recent press about the Android platform being a virus target (older versions being the main problem), will motivate the carriers to consider their update frequency more closely.

(I know that Android 4.1 isn't necessarily old, but the question still remains)

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I am also happy with 4.1, the GN2 is so fast, and the battery life is amazing. What more could you want?

But I've wondered whether the recent press about the Android platform being a virus target (older versions being the main problem), will motivate the carriers to consider their update frequency more closely.

(I know that Android 4.1 isn't necessarily old, but the question still remains)

That bit of press from the Dept. of Homeland Security has been misinterpreted by a lot of people. Apparently, there are a lot of Android devices out there still running Gingerbread -- maybe even a majority, I've heard -- and the warning was directed at those people. I've little doubt anyone on an any version of Jelly Bean is pretty safe. At least as long as you take the usual precautions (i.e., not downloading third-party apps from some website in Outer Slabovia).

jeno27

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the message. .i too waiting for note 3 but we have update problem with samsung. .may be we have to wait for 1 year for next update after buying Note3

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexpall