I am having problems with the gallery crashing on my Verizon Note 2. Right after I open the gallery the screen goes black and I get the this app has crashed message. I have the pictures stored on my SD card, it just started a few days ago. I have tried a factory reset to the phone and SD card and I am still having the problem. Does anybody have any ideas to fix it? My gallery is unusable.
    08-28-2013 07:42 PM
    I was on chat with Samsung and they said I needed to send the phone in to be flashed back to factory settings....isn't there a way I can do this?
    08-29-2013 10:15 PM
    I was on chat with Samsung and they said I needed to send the phone in to be flashed back to factory settings....isn't there a way I can do this?
    Yes. Follow droidstyle's guide on xda. Its very detailed.

Did you try clearing data for gallary in the app manager? How about pictures on your internal sd? Do they still force close? Im thinking your sd card could possible be going bad. Try booting your phone without the sd card in. Worth some trouble shooting before flashing back to stock.

Are you rooted and unlocked? Using a rom?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    08-30-2013 05:25 PM
    Yes. Follow droidstyle's guide on xda. Its very detailed.

Did you try clearing data for gallary in the app manager? How about pictures on your internal sd? Do they still force close? Im thinking your sd card could possible be going bad. Try booting your phone without the sd card in. Worth some trouble shooting before flashing back to stock.

Are you rooted and unlocked? Using a rom?

I should have given a few more details. No I am not rooted or unlocked and am running factory firmware.

I also thought of the SD card problem but I took the SD card out and set the pictures to save to the phone and the gallery still crashes. It's not any particular picture that does it, it's any of them. Yes I tried clearing the cache from the gallery and that didn't work.

Would you mind providing a link to the page you're talking about with the detailed way to do it? The stuff I found wasn't detailed at all.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2
    08-30-2013 05:31 PM
    I've downloaded the factory firmware along with Odin. The phone connects to Odin and starts to go but halfway through it gets a write error.

08-30-2013 05:38 PM
    I've downloaded the factory firmware along with Odin. The phone connects to Odin and starts to go but halfway through it gets a write error.

I believe you need to be rooted and unlocked to use most of the guides around. I havent seen anything to go from stock to stock.

It would be easier to unlock and install a rom. But since your having issues, probably better to not void your warranty.

08-30-2013 08:12 PM
    I believe you need to be rooted and unlocked to use most of the guides around. I havent seen anything to go from stock to stock.

It would be easier to unlock and install a rom. But since your having issues, probably better to not void your warranty.

Can't I just unlock and reinstall the stock OS?

08-30-2013 08:24 PM
    Can't I just unlock and reinstall the stock OS?

Yeah. If your gonna unlock you might as well install a rom. If that doesnt work then go back to stock.

08-30-2013 08:31 PM
    Yeah. If your gonna unlock you might as well install a rom. If that doesnt work then go back to stock.

How do you unlock?

08-30-2013 08:36 PM
    How do you unlock?

Use the guide on casual in the original development section on xda. Watch the video. It will take away your fear. takes all of 2 minutes to do. Make sure you use the correct one though. There are seperate versions for 4.1.1 and 4.1.2.

This us for vramc3 base. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=41243013

08-30-2013 09:04 PM
    Apparently this is a known issue with the Note 2, I found a lot about it on Google. When you disconnect the phone from WiFi the gallery works perfectly....it's only on WiFi.
    09-01-2013 08:48 AM