samsung Note2 wont charge

sweeeeetheart

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
i bought note 2 since 4 months . last week it stops charge ... i changed bettery ... still same ... changed charger ...still same .. BUT!!! now sometimes charges good and sometimes it shows that charging and it lighing red but it in fact it dose not charging.... and what drives me crazy is sometimes it charges good !!!! by the way phone is not rooted it still new i use it rarly....

Posted via Android Central App

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
i bought note 2 since 4 months . last week it stops charge ... i changed bettery ... still same ... changed charger ...still same .. BUT!!! now sometimes charges good and sometimes it shows that charging and it lighing red but it in fact it dose not charging.... and what drives me crazy is sometimes it charges good !!!! by the way phone is not rooted it still new i use it rarly....

Posted via Android Central App

I've read answers to this before. Take a small flat tool like a flathead screwdriver and pry the micro USB tab on the phone up very lightly and gently. Make sure it is raised off the bottom, but be sure not to break it. This should solve charging issues. If not, you can try a different cable (one not from Samsung because they tend to be cheap). But it's probably the connector

Posted by The Android Central app

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Its either the battery issue, an app that over uses the processor that burns energy faster than you can charge, or a faulty charge port.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4

ComradeZ

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Your Note 2's charging IC is broken. Mine did the same thing as yours before the IC circuit went flaky. I replaced the USB daughter board / charging port and it does the same thing.

Try using an external battery charger, thats how I'm stuck mitigating the same crap problem as you. Phone does not charge the battery or get proper current if the IC is toast.

Get rid of it or get warranty repair. There is no help for you here as it's a hardware problem.

funny how a bunch of people have the same problems all at once. Samsung is not a very good brand if you want reliability.

gfcmark

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
I've read answers to this before. Take a small flat tool like a flathead screwdriver and pry the micro USB tab on the phone up very lightly and gently. Make sure it is raised off the bottom, but be sure not to break it. This should solve charging issues. If not, you can try a different cable (one not from Samsung because they tend to be cheap). But it's probably the connector

Posted by The Android Central app

Thanks CaptainBroflovski.
I had the same issue. Your instructions worked perfectly for my issue.

Gary Mills II

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
My Note 2 uncharged completely, now it won't take a charge. I tried a new battery and charger (original) - Notta. I cleaned off the port and raised it lightly with a pin and I still can't get a charge. Before sending (for weeks) to get looked at, is there any other ideas?

Imran Razaq

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
Before doing this I did try to change the charger port, which as it turns out was in perfect working condition.

I know this is an old thread, but I just thought I would add my experience with this same problem. I THOUGHT my battery wasn't charging, no LED lights showing, no sign of life. So, I removed the battery from my note 2 and held in my S3 to see if it was a battery problem. The battery would charge, and had a charge of 45%. This ruled out the battery problem. I then plugged the charger cable into my laptop, as at the time I had no access to anything else. Windows kept returning a usb device connected to this machine has malfunctioned. As it did this, I held down the power button and kept it pressed, the usb malfunction message popped up and closed until the charging symbol appeared on the note 2 screen. As this happened the phone started to function normally again. It now works. :)

Regards

Hunter Fluharty

Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
Hey, I know you posted this like forever ago, but I have the Note 2, and it will not charge what so ever.. ive had it for a year, but it had water damage when I first got it, so its been turned off for about 9 months.. I just turned it on recently to use and It has been working fine until tonight I went to plug it in with 35% battery and it wouldn't charge.. I tried taking the battery out and what not.. but it still wont charge... could you explain to me how you got yours working again? Id really appreciate it! :)