Soon-to-be Note 2 owner

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
... Unless you are outside all the time, you won't notice too much glare really...

I work construction, so yeah I'm outside a lot! And no, the Note2 isn't for work, it's just because it's a heck of a phone and the upgrade price was impossible to beat.

I guess I'll buy a pack of clears, and a pack of anti-glare and see what works best.

Posted via Android Central App

vpblaze

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
That's not a bad idea. You can always find a couple cheap packs on Amazon.ca and see which one you would prefer.

Make sure to get a good case for when you are out on the site. Don't wanna damage the goods!

Posted via Android Central App on my Note 2!

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
As much as I love my Note 2, if I were constantly outside in the sun, I might rethink my phone choice. Might. ;)

Yeah, but it's the Note2 (been drooling over it since it came out) and I do the need it for work other then entertainment purposes at break or after hours.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, but it's the Note2 (been drooling over it since it came out) and I do the need it for work other then entertainment purposes at break or after hours.

So you like the Note 2 better than the Note 3. Why is that?

Sent from my humble Note 10.1/Note 8.0/S4

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Because in my original post I stated that I got an unexpected cheap upgrade to the Note2. This was previous to the Note3 being announced never mind which carriers it was on. At this point almost anything will be an upgrade over my Galaxy Nexus

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Quick question for people who have had both the Galaxy Nexus and the Note2: which phone is more slippery? My Gnex is terrible, partly due to how thin it us with the stock battery and partly due to the very rounded corners. The OEM extended battery makes it better slightly but even when at home I at least have a TPU case for grip. Is the Note2 as bad? Hopefully the size and slightly more square shape help,

vpblaze

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
The Note 2 does have some slip to it. Of course I only notice it whenever I don't have my Otterbox on.
That is the downside to the glossy plastic back that Samsung uses. Maybe by the looks of the Note 3 they are trying to get away from that.

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I love this thing! Crazy going from pure Android to touchwiz, this size is insane

Been playing with it all evening. Touchwiz takes getting used to, but I think I'll stay with Apex Launcher.

EDIT: one thing I gotta know ASAP. I haven't found the setting for it yet, but I HATE that the home button wakes the screen. Please tell how to turn it off! I only want the screen to wake when I hit the power button.

Last edited:

vpblaze

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I haven't been able to find any setting that would disable the home button.
I think the only way to disable it would be not to press it....?

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Well it was a great phone for the few hours I had it. Its getting shipped back today. The Rogers rep who initiated the upgrade severely misled me on the upgrade. Was told 50 bucks for the phone and activate a line for ten bucks a month. Turns out the line has to be minimum 60 per month, and my budget can't stretch that far (esp upgrading 2 lines which would double our monthly bill, on top of the hardware upgrade of 50/line)

Too bad. Great phone. Definitely overkill for my needs but awesome nonetheless. Rep I chatted with today said his hands were tied. Sad panda here but oh well

vpblaze

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
That sucks dude!
You are not the first to be mis led by those fu*king Rogers reps.
I have had to send back a brand new device before because they can't get their **** sorted out. So I know where you are coming from man!

vpblaze

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Right on. So really Rogers is the only choice for you too. I hate Manitoba service providers.
Bell and Telus are only good in the city. MTS is only good in Manitoba. Once you leave the province, you are screwed.
Thus leaving Rogers as the only good all around solution..... They got us by the nuts!

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Right on. So really Rogers is the only choice for you too. I hate Manitoba service providers.
Bell and Telus are only good in the city. MTS is only good in Manitoba. Once you leave the province, you are screwed.
Thus leaving Rogers as the only good all around solution..... They got us by the nuts!

Yup pretty much. My work takes me around southern Manitoba and parts of Ontario so I need a national carrier. Sucks, but it is what it is.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois