Any news about note3 software update for note 2

vpblaze

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I doubt we will hear anything for a while. 4.3 isn't scheduled until the end of the year time frame. I am sure there are some features that will be available for us on the Note 2.
I really hope that little pop up application feature comes to us. I like that feature where you can create a box and have a app open up in that box.

Posted via Android Central App on my Note 2!

iamdagwood

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Here's what SamMobile had to say about the announcement, or lack thereof:

The announcements of the Galaxy Note 3 and the Galaxy Gear might have been the stars of Samsung?s IFA event, but there was one announcement that Galaxy S3 and S4 owners will want to hear more than the new Note and smartwatch ? Samsung has said that both the S3 and S4 will be receiving the Android 4.3 update in October.

That?s much welcome news, even if some might not like the idea of waiting yet another month or so for the update, especially those on the S3. As for the Note 2, Samsung failed to say anything about it, which is sad considering it is yet to receive any major update since its launch, and for a flagship device that carries the entire phablet market on its shoulders, that?s disappointing and very deserving of the criticism from users.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using AC Forums mobile app

vpblaze

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
At least October isn't too far away. My wife owns a S3, so that will make her happy.
I am sure the Note 2 will be around that time frame as well. I don't see why they would leave us hanging.

Posted via Android Central App on my Note 2!

jpriest007

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Samsung did say that the GN2 is going to get 4.3 in October also.

Posted from my Galaxy Note 2 via Android Central App

jeno27

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Samsung never talk about note 2 update it gives 1st preferences to galaxy devices as 3 and 4.. Note series keeps on waiting. .. waiting. . Making us irritating

Posted via Android Central App

chirag05

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Samsung never talk about note 2 update it gives 1st preferences to galaxy devices as 3 and 4.. Note series keeps on waiting. .. waiting. . Making us irritating

Posted via Android Central App

Note is also Galaxy device. It is just it isn't a flagship device.

Sent from my GSIII

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
watched the show in Berlin that Samsung held to introduce their new hardware and they said software updates for Note 2 and S4 are coming in Oct.

Is that to end users, or to the carriers, who will then "field test" for another two months?

Note is also Galaxy device. It is just it isn't a flagship device.

Sent from my GSIII

Huh? The Galaxy Note 3 is definitely a flagship device. It is superior to the S4. Just as the Note 2 is superior to the S3.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
My note 2 will never see the update. Note 3 for me. A popular site that buys used devices is giving me 166 for my perfect note 2. Can't wait for my new toy.

IT'S TRUE,, SIZE IS EVERYTHING!

indysteve9

May 8, 2011
Visit site
Is that to end users, or to the carriers, who will then "field test" for another two months?

They didn't specify.

Huh? The Galaxy Note 3 is definitely a flagship device. It is superior to the S4. Just as the Note 2 is superior to the S3.