Help! No audio when the MHL converter is connected.

smithran

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
I can stream wireless over to my TV and Blue-ray player but there are times I need to connect up the MHL to HDMI converter and run wired into my receiver. The problem is I can't get audio thru my receiver (only on the phone) but can see video just fine. I use to connect all the time until I started streaming wireless more. Makes me wonder if I have disabled something with an app.

This has happened across two Note !! phones (I had an issue with the connector on my first Note II and got a recent replacement) and two Samsung MHL to HDMI converters. I have also tried two different HDMI cables and different ports on my receiver.

Is there a setting somewhere I have disabled?

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I don't have the phone anymore but go into the Settings menu and look for the docks. This may be in the accessories section. Look for a setting that mentions something along the lines of being connected to a dock. You want to make sure its set to come from the speakers and not the phone.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Maxx using Tapatalk 4

smithran

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
I don't have the phone anymore but go into the Settings menu and look for the docks. This may be in the accessories section. Look for a setting that mentions something along the lines of being connected to a dock. You want to make sure its set to come from the speakers and not the phone.

SCORE! It was there in accessories section. Once I checked it off.. it works like a champ! TONS OF THANKS!!!

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
SCORE! It was there in accessories section. Once I checked it off.. it works like a champ! TONS OF THANKS!!!

Did you ever ask your provider a solution to this? It never ceases to surprise me how often they can't figure things out. I should get a job with Verizon or something. ;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teapotsax