Planning on getting the Note 3; How much should a Note 2 be sold for?

BeRich

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone,

I'm planning on getting the Note 3 when it hits stores in a few weeks. Every time I get a new device, I sell my old one through FB or CL. I've had pretty good success purchasing off contract and making up the cost this way. I sold my four-month-old white S3 for $400 when I bought the Note 2. So what would be a reasonable price to ask for an almost-year-old titanium gray Note 2? It has no scuffs or scratches at all, everything works fine (speakers, buttons, earphone jack, etc). It has been rooted, but that's easily reversible if a buyer asks me to. It was a warranty replacement device for the original one I had, but I don't think it was a refurb because they hadn't been out long at the time and it still had the small antenna(?) sticker on the bezel (I could be completely wrong here, but it looked brand new when I got it to replace my first Note 2).

TIA,
Belinda

mrscaston30

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
If you dont tell anyone it was a replacement im willing to bed upwards of 400 is good. I paid 300 from someone of cl who said they had bought it a month ago. If I were a consumer, things like rooting and replacement would turn me away. I would want something thats not been altered or sent back for repairs. But thats just determining the amount you can cost. Note 2 are still popular to purchase especially without contract. Does your phone carrier offer a decent trade in? If so I would use that towards cost of note 3

Onemoa

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
I've seen them on cl for $450-550 but once the Note 3 is out I'm sure you will see allot more Note 2's on cl and the prices will drop due to competition. So if you can I would sell it as soon as possible.

I would post it right now and see what you can get. Maybe post it for $575 obo if it's in new condition with no scratches. That way you will get a good price since everyone low balls on cl anyway.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 4

jpriest007

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone,

I'm planning on getting the Note 3 when it hits stores in a few weeks. Every time I get a new device, I sell my old one through FB or CL. I've had pretty good success purchasing off contract and making up the cost this way. I sold my four-month-old white S3 for $400 when I bought the Note 2. So what would be a reasonable price to ask for an almost-year-old titanium gray Note 2? It has no scuffs or scratches at all, everything works fine (speakers, buttons, earphone jack, etc). It has been rooted, but that's easily reversible if a buyer asks me to. It was a warranty replacement device for the original one I had, but I don't think it was a refurb because they hadn't been out long at the time and it still had the small antenna(?) sticker on the bezel (I could be completely wrong here, but it looked brand new when I got it to replace my first Note 2).

TIA,
Belinda

I heard that someone got $300 from gazelle.com. You might try them.

Posted from my Galaxy Note 2 via Android Central App

inboxer

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
You will most likely be able to sell it for more at BuyBackWorld.com
I used to use Gazelle but switched to BuyBackWorld last year since they paid higher prices. Gazelle's service is good, but BuyBackWorld is just as good and pays more and faster.

I heard that someone got $300 from gazelle.com. You might try them.

Posted from my Galaxy Note 2 via Android Central App

rgarcia900

May 31, 2012
Visit site
I used to use Gazelle but switched to BuyBackWorld last year since they paid higher prices. Gazelle's service is good, but BuyBackWorld is just as good and pays more and faster.

Dont ever use buybackworld.com unless you want to donate your phone. They are experts at ripping most people off.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using AC Forums mobile app

rgarcia900

May 31, 2012
Visit site

Hey inboxer, do you work for buybackworld.com? You only have 4 posts and all four where to suggest people use buybackworld.com
Just curious. ..

BeRich

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I ended up getting $400 through a local Facebook for-sale page. Anyone looking to sell their Note 2 should check out that route, before the Note 3 hits stores.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I am selling with 7 cases, 5 batteries,, a dock with a spare battery slot,, charger that just charges batteries and a portable spare battery charger,,, 3 pack of hd screen protectors. Phone already has a temperd glass screen protector on it. Plus original charger that came with phone. All this for 400

IT'S TRUE,, SIZE IS EVERYTHING!

SumthinNew

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I am selling with 7 cases, 5 batteries,, a dock with a spare battery slot,, charger that just charges batteries and a portable spare battery charger,,, 3 pack of hd screen protectors. Phone already has a temperd glass screen protector on it. Plus original charger that came with phone. All this for 400

If you are serious about selling your device, posting in the marketplace thread would get your better results.

kgk1985

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Hey inboxer, do you work for buybackworld.com? You only have 4 posts and all four where to suggest people use buybackworld.com
Just curious. ..

Lmao. That is hilarious. Wouldn't surprise me if he does. Probably not the only forum he's on either

sent from Galaxy Note 2

kgk1985

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
And 3 of his posts were identical. Copy paster on the prowl. Can we get an admin ban on him?

sent from Galaxy Note 2

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Got 300 within hours last night.. My new note 3 Friday will cost me 50 bucks... Counting the seconds til Friday.

Onemoa

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
How only 50 bucks? If you can get me a Note 3 for 50 bucks I'll send you the money via however you like, plus another 50 bucks. Lol. But for real though.

Onemoa

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Got 300 within hours last night.. My new note 3 Friday will cost me 50 bucks... Counting the seconds til Friday.

Forgot to quote. But yeah.

How only 50 bucks? If you can get me a Note 3 for 50 bucks I'll send you the money via however you like, plus another 50 bucks. Lol. But for real though.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power