S Pen not writing/marking the screen

FIFA2014

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone. I bought an unlocked Galaxy Note 2 just around a month back from an outlet in India, and at the time the S Pen was working fine. It was having some issues with the memory card I'd put in it so I gave it to the Samsung Service center in India for a day. They returned the phone to me saying the card was bad and they had just done a binary firmware update of the phone for me. I did not use the S Pen until I left the country. Now that I am in the UK I realize that the S Pen is not working. I used the S Pen on another Note 2 and it worked great on that one. I have already returned it to factory settings once and tried *#2663# that I found on other threads to update my phone. However, when I use *#2663# it does not give me an option to update the S Pen software. Now I am not very tech savvy, but I figure there is something wrong with the phone's firmware following the visit to the Samsung service center.

I would really appreciate any help I could get here as the Samsung customer care in the UK told me they cannot fix this as this phone was manufactured outside Europe and that is all they handle. I won't be going back to India as I am here to pursue a university course. This was actually a let down as I was under the impression that Samsung has world-wide customer care. So once again, I would really appreciate any support you could provide.

Thanks.

P.S. I am not really tech savvy and this is my first Android phone, or smart phone for that matter. So please give links or directions for any guidance you provide as I am new to this. Best.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34