Hi there, I'm new here and hope you masters can help me in solving my issue.

I'm using a samsung galaxy note 2, and just recently I've noticed that whenever I download a pic from the Internet using any browser, the pic does not seem to immediately appear under the "Downloads" folder. It takes up almost 30 mins sometimes to show up. But when I browse thru "My Files", I can find the downloaded picture there.

I've gone thru some related post with regards to this, they say apps such as "Mediascan" and "Quickpic" is an alternate method to solve this. But, my question is why is this taking place only on the browser downloaded pics? My other pics folders works perfectly alright.

For info, I'm not using any sd card at the moment. Hence all is being saved under my internal memory.

Thank you.

Posted via Android Central App
    09-21-2013 11:29 PM
    Welcome to the forums! That's an interesting problem. Is your phone rooted?
    09-22-2013 06:00 AM
    Nope. Not rooted

09-23-2013 05:07 AM
    What if you change the download location to another folder?
    09-23-2013 05:09 AM
    Hi there, I'm new here and hope you masters can help me in solving my issue.

I'm using a samsung galaxy note 2, and just recently I've noticed that whenever I download a pic from the Internet using any browser, the pic does not seem to immediately appear under the "Downloads" folder. It takes up almost 30 mins sometimes to show up. But when I browse thru "My Files", I can find the downloaded picture there.

I've gone thru some related post with regards to this, they say apps such as "Mediascan" and "Quickpic" is an alternate method to solve this. But, my question is why is this taking place only on the browser downloaded pics? My other pics folders works perfectly alright.

For info, I'm not using any sd card at the moment. Hence all is being saved under my internal memory.

Thank you.

I have noticed the same issue and just assumed it was a quirk. I usually download a pic and then go check my email and by the time I am done, it's in the downloaded folder in the gallery. I look forward to hearing a solution to this as well.
    09-25-2013 01:47 PM
    Happens to me all the time when I am taking notes in s note. Really annoying, but I deal with it. Someone's I just go to the gallery and refresh it.
    09-26-2013 11:54 AM
    I've noticed this too, it's very frustrating!!! I only see it with Google apps like Chrome and Drive. Downloaded images from other apps and stock browser show up immediately like they should. I hope there's a fix for this soon!

09-28-2013 03:30 AM
    So far I'm using this app called "Rescan Media". Once I save a pic from browser, I immediately press the app. Takes a few mins to load the saved pic into the "Downloads" folder. But still, there is no proper solutions for this issue

10-01-2013 02:24 AM