Note 2: Random apps force closing

Keegen

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
A few days ago the Major League Soccer app I've been using for months started force closing whenever I open it. Today I've started having the same issue with a fishing game. I've tried deleting data in the app manager. Deleted the app and reinstalled. Pulled battery, nothing has got them working again. Anyone have an idea what's going on here?

Posted from my Note 2 using Tapa talk 4

Last edited by a moderator:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Random apps force closing.

A few days ago the Major League Soccer app I've been using for months started force closing whenever I open it. Today I've started having the same issue with a fishing game. I've tried deleting data in the app manager. Deleted the app and reinstalled. Pulled battery, nothing has got them working again. Anyone have an idea what's going on here?

Have you tried to clear cache in recovery?

Keegen

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site

In recovery? Not sure what that is. I've cleared cache in the app manager.

Keegen

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site

Thank you for that link, always nice to learn something new. Oddly, clearing cache in recovery fixed one of the apps but not the other. I'm not to worried about the game that is still not working as it wasn't that good if a game but I am a bit concerned about the cause of the problem.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Thank you for that link, always nice to learn something new. Oddly, clearing cache in recovery fixed one of the apps but not the other. I'm not to worried about the game that is still not working as it wasn't that good if a game but I am a bit concerned about the cause of the problem.

Have you uninstalled the Soccer app and left it off? It sounds like your problems started with that. The app may not be playing well with your device or another app.

Keegen

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site

Have you uninstalled the Soccer app and left it off? It sounds like your problems started with that. The app may not be playing well with your device or another app.

Tried just now on your suggestion but the game still force closes. I had both apps working at the same time for months with no issues so I'm not sure what changed.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Tried just now on your suggestion but the game still force closes. I had both apps working at the same time for months with no issues so I'm not sure what changed.

Did you get an update to your phone?

Keegen

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site

No, was playing the game and closed it to go make some lunch. When I started the game again the start screen came up and then it force closed.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

No, was playing the game and closed it to go make some lunch. When I started the game again the start screen came up and then it force closed.

How is the device without the game and soccer app?

Sent from a Slim 4.3 S3

Keegen

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site

I have no other issues on the device. The soccer app as been fine since clearing cache in recovery mode. The game still won't cooperate. I'm thinking something must be getting left on the phone even when I uninstall and clear cache or a corrupted file where it installs? I don't know. Like I said before I don't need the game on my phone, I'll just hope the issue doesn't pop up with something else. Thanks for your help.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

I have no other issues on the device. The soccer app as been fine since clearing cache in recovery mode. The game still won't cooperate. I'm thinking something must be getting left on the phone even when I uninstall and clear cache or a corrupted file where it installs? I don't know. Like I said before I don't need the game on my phone, I'll just hope the issue doesn't pop up with something else. Thanks for your help.

Sometimes it is hard to tell. The game may just not like your device. As long as you are happy with the outcome, it doesn't matter.
See you in the forums.

Sent from a Slim 4.3 S3

kunthakar khiev

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site

kunthakar khiev

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site

I got Galaxy ace 3 and I download James Cameron Avatar every time I press the fight button it stuck and jump to the home screen and said Avatar has stopped and I try to clear cache but it not work it still force close can you help

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2