Hello everyone,

I have been having problems with my phone for days now. I bought my Note 2 (N7100) last December and last August, my phone crashed due to SDS. After more than a month of waiting, I just got my phone last week, which was a super exciting time for me because I was stuck using a feature phone for a month. Upon getting back my phone, I noticed that the Android version was upgraded to 4.1.2, which helped me save time in updating it.

So here's the thing. I have found that the phone freezes and the screen flickers (random squares popping up from everywhere whenever there's movement in the screen). I thought it was just a bad download because there was an error when I updated GMaps. So I wiped my phone and reinstalled everything again. Everything was fine, but then this morning, I was surprised that my phone freezes again with these flickery things popping up again. It was really frustrating because on my commute to work, I don't have my music with me because my phone kept on restarting in my pocket. When I got to work a few hours ago, I wiped the cache in Recovery Mode, but the problem still persists. I had no choice but to wipe the memory again. After wiping, the phone rebooted like five times and it was really frustrating because I thought that would do it.

FYI I have a sane chip (as checked by eMMC tester)

Should I flash a stock 4.1.1 ROM here? Thanks in advance, guys!
    09-26-2013 04:45 PM
    Oh another thing, I'm running an unrooted phone. Hope this helps.
    09-26-2013 04:47 PM
    Hello everyone,

I have been having problems with my phone for days now. I bought my Note 2 (N7100) last December and last August, my phone crashed due to SDS. After more than a month of waiting, I just got my phone last week, which was a super exciting time for me because I was stuck using a feature phone for a month. Upon getting back my phone, I noticed that the Android version was upgraded to 4.1.2, which helped me save time in updating it.

So here's the thing. I have found that the phone freezes and the screen flickers (random squares popping up from everywhere whenever there's movement in the screen). I thought it was just a bad download because there was an error when I updated GMaps. So I wiped my phone and reinstalled everything again. Everything was fine, but then this morning, I was surprised that my phone freezes again with these flickery things popping up again. It was really frustrating because on my commute to work, I don't have my music with me because my phone kept on restarting in my pocket. When I got to work a few hours ago, I wiped the cache in Recovery Mode, but the problem still persists. I had no choice but to wipe the memory again. After wiping, the phone rebooted like five times and it was really frustrating because I thought that would do it.

FYI I have a sane chip (as checked by eMMC tester)

Should I flash a stock 4.1.1 ROM here? Thanks in advance, guys!
    Flashing the stock ROM wouldn't be a bad idea. There may be some kind of error.

Sent from a Slim 4.3 S3
    09-26-2013 04:50 PM
    Thanks! I'll try it once I get home.
    09-26-2013 05:10 PM
    09-26-2013 05:37 PM