Prepping Note 2 for selling

delmbra79

May 4, 2013
Visit site
I have switched devices and will be selling my Note 2. I have read that just doing a factory reset will wipe a lot of data, but there will still be some left. Some people wipe it and then fill it with dummy data somehow to make sure any traces left on it aren't anything a person could put together to be used against you at all.

I'm having trouble figuring out how exactly to do this. Looking for advice from others that have sold theirs already. What steps did you go through? I like to be careful and thorough. Thanks.

delmbra79

May 4, 2013
Visit site
I didn't think about any encryption. I'll check into that. I suppose most people that receive a phone aren't going to try piecing together anybody's old data. I just read some articles that made me cautious, though. Thanks.

DroidArmy

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
I have switched devices and will be selling my Note 2. I have read that just doing a factory reset will wipe a lot of data, but there will still be some left. Some people wipe it and then fill it with dummy data somehow to make sure any traces left on it aren't anything a person could put together to be used against you at all.

I'm having trouble figuring out how exactly to do this. Looking for advice from others that have sold theirs already. What steps did you go through? I like to be careful and thorough. Thanks.

I think a factory reset is enough of a wipe to do the job. I usually have my phones rooted (and sell them rooted) so I just do a full data wipe in twrp recovery

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adelinachau53674