"Your device have been modified, Software updates are not available" but I didn't install any custo

SUNNY SHARMA9

May 7, 2016
Visit site
Re: "Your device have been modified, Software updates are not available" but I didn't install any c

Check device status in setting>more>aboutdevice>device status if it is custom than your phone is rooted try hard reset your phone....

Syuk Kips150

May 25, 2016
Visit site
Re: "Your device have been modified, Software updates are not available" but I didn't install any c

Trying to check for an update for my os but got prompted that my device have been modified. I did not root my device or install any other custom rom or os.

I have the screen shots but I don't see an option to upload from the app.

Please help?

Posted via Android Central App

Shreyansh Jetani

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site

hi ny samsung grand 2 is deleted its android package intaller so no app installing so how can i repair it

Zareen Aziz

May 10, 2015
Visit site

Mine says 'Custom rather then ' Official
I accidentally deleted sd card and my phone storage and all my apps, 🙁😔😫
What should I do? Help

gavky2011

Oct 17, 2016
Visit site

must assume you rooted the device, right? If you did, yes... you will have this notification, but AFAIK the only solution (to get back Over The Air) updates is:

1. Install Xposed Framework (a.k.a. Xposed Installer)
2. Tap on "Framework", then do it on "Install/Update"
3. Install Wanam Xposed
4. Open Xposed Installer, tap on "Modules" and check Wanam Xposed
5. Reboot the phone
6. Open Wanam Xposed, go to "Security Hacks"
7. Check (on System) "Fake System Status"
8. Reboot again...
9. Voilá, you can go back to updating OTA

Lemme know if it helped
:p

gavky2011

Oct 17, 2016
Visit site

I typed in xposed framework. Which one do i use ?

leonil gede

Nov 2, 2016
Visit site

Just checked my Settings > about device > status > device status and it states "Modified"!

I did not do any modifications! Is there something that I may have done that caused this?

Is there anything I can do to revert this?

420lyfe

Nov 1, 2016
Visit site

Are you running stock rom that came with the phone when first purchased? Are you rooted? Do you have any mods installed perhaps? Xposed?

Mary Emmily Wren

Jan 10, 2017
Visit site

Mine says custom and none of these steps worked. Please help!!!

Quirky Redhead

Jan 21, 2017
Visit site

Wanam has been discontinued and it doesn't run on my 4.1.2 OS.

Nahid Hasan4

Feb 12, 2017
Visit site

Just checked my Settings > about device > status > device status and it states "Modified"!

I did not do any modifications! Is there something that I may have done that caused this?

Is there anything I can do to revert this?

Owl420

Jun 11, 2017
Visit site

Are you running stock rom that came with the phone when first purchased? Are you rooted? Do you have any mods installed perhaps? Xposed?

Not post related but I like your username haha xD

Mega man1

Nov 13, 2017
Visit site

How can I download Xposed Installer all what I found was Xposed Modules, Additions,

SRi 130

Dec 11, 2017
Visit site

This happened to me also. Unmount your sd card, reboot the phone without it. Check for the update. Then reinsert the sd card

wow that worked on my s8..my device status was showing as "custom" , but ive never rooted the phone , i never had a sd card installed so i followed this advice...put in a sd card, unmounted the sd card..rebooted the phone and checked system status which has changed to official..then reinserted the sd card...brilliant, also my bluetooth and wifi are still not working, when i take out the sd card but they work if i leave the sd card in..thats weird..so im assuming there is some kind of hardware fault or software fault...the main thing is my system status is now showing official and samsung cant say that ive rooted the phone , which i never did in the first place...and my software for the s8 is also the very latest..however the wifi and bluetooth are not working if i remove the sd card...but id i leave the sd card in the phone they both work....very odd ?..any ideas why.?