hi all - so, as a gift for my recent Bday, i obtained a Note 2. the same day, as a gift, i recieved a Tab 3.

ive never had a galaxy, ive been playing around with the Tab and its pretty awesome. the Note should be here within a week.

im wondering, in what ways, if any, can i use the two in conjunction with one another? or are they more stand alone?

if anyone has any reading or otherwise for me to study up, that would be great too.

thanks all
    10-18-2013 09:37 AM
    When you say in conjunction what do you mean? Anything you are doing on your Galaxy Tab you should be able to sync to your Note 2. When I had a phone and a tablet I Would primarily use my tablet at home and my phone when I was out in about. Now that I have a Note 3 I have no need for a tablet. But you could probably use the same set up.

Sent from the baddest device on the planet, my Galaxy Note 3.
    10-18-2013 10:02 AM
    yea, thats pretty much exactly what i mean.

would i be able to share my internet connection with the tab?

thank you !
    10-18-2013 01:22 PM

thank you !
    If you have tethering in your plan you shouldn't have any problems.

Sent from the baddest device on the planet, my Galaxy Note 3.
    10-18-2013 03:08 PM
    when u get ur note 2 make sure u go thru all ur settings and go thru the tutorials for the motion features and u should b good after that its all experimentation with launchers widgets and other customizing features
    10-19-2013 07:45 PM

thank you !
    If you have Verizon for your carrier, mobile hot is included in your share everything plan. I have shared my data with no problems to a laptop. And Samsung devices play very good together. The Note 2s 5.5" screen is awesome but sometimes the screen size of a true tablet is preferred. I would turn on the hotspot put the phone wherever you carry it and use you tablet when you need it. Oh I almost forgot if mobile hotspot is not included in your plan you can use a app called Foxfi. I have used it alot before I got this phone because my last plan didn't include the hotspot. Foxfi is free on the Play store.

Posted from my Galaxy Note 2 via Android Central App
    10-20-2013 01:44 AM
    hi everyone!

thank you for all of your replies!

ive been through the tutorials more than once and i am sure i will be going through them at least a few more times.

i do love my Note II, i do have some...issues?

1a - why in the world does driving mode not turn on automatically when it is connected via BT?
    1b - why in the world, when driving mode is on, does it not give me the option to 'Reply' or 'Close' ? my previous phone (a cheap W8 phone) did this impeccably.

2 - is there no other, easier, way to switch from keyboard to Voice-2-Text aside from pulling down the top menu and selecting properly the right input device? why is there no little 'Mic' button on the keypad somewhere that would launch the voice app? (again, the Windows 8 phone did the whole voice thing, very very well)

this one isn't much of an issue, rather a question. it seems the only (music) player that has lock screen controls, for me at least, was google music. now, for some reason it has disappeared? anyone know how i can get them back? i play with the settings...just no go, cant seem to figure it out.

oh ! and Pandora had a Sleep Timer...now its gone again?! (that one is just annoying...lol, have to get up at 1-2AM to turn off Pandora (wife likes it on))

seems to be it for me, at least for now.

thanks everyone for your help and time.
    11-07-2013 02:57 PM