Squaretrade or if you're on Verizon's plan, their total protection plan? for $10 a month with Verizon it even protects against loss or theft which is interesting...but you are paying more...
    10-30-2013 04:32 PM
    Squaretrade or if you're on Verizon's plan, their total protection plan? for $10 a month with Verizon it even protects against loss or theft which is interesting...but you are paying more...
    I'm on T-Mobile so the full insurance is included in JUMP! I pay $10 a month and I pay $175 deductible for a replacement...
    10-30-2013 04:53 PM
    I am using best buy no deductible and covers everything except lost or stole
    And also cost 10 a month

Posted via Android Central App
    10-30-2013 08:33 PM
    Best buy does not have that anymore once you buy a new phone..$150deduct noe

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app
    10-30-2013 08:38 PM
    I'm on T-Mobile so the full insurance is included in JUMP! I pay $10 a month and I pay $175 deductible for a replacement...
    $175 deductible? Whoa, I can honestly say I wouldn't carry insurance with prices like that. Granted, its included in Jump but my point still stands.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk Pro
    10-31-2013 12:47 PM
    If you just want insurance, Verizon is $5.18. The $10 includes extended warranty and mobile protection (which isn't worth it, imo)

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
    10-31-2013 02:07 PM
    Geek Squad from Best Buy - before they changed the terms this year. I have unlimited replacement, no deductible, no questions asked. The downside is that unless you make a big stink Best Buy replaces devices with refurbished. But so far after I water destroyed my Note 2 this year... no problems with the replacement. I do hear that now Best Buy limits the number of times you can replace per year... yeah you would think that with limits then they would also replace with a factory new device, or drop the price- Nope... good job Best Buy... drive your customers away....

~ScottGeek.
    10-31-2013 04:26 PM
    $175 deductible? Whoa, I can honestly say I wouldn't carry insurance with prices like that. Granted, its included in Jump but my point still stands.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk Pro
    Yeah but it's still better than having to buy a brand new phone if you break it or it's stolen/lost. JUMP is just a bonus
    I'm probably not going to be needing it though, I take good care of my phone
    10-31-2013 04:34 PM
    No insurance.
    I have learned, if i can not financially carry a replacement, you need an insurance.
    This is not the case.

From all phones i had in the past, none of them had been broken, fallen or stolen.
    11-01-2013 10:44 AM
    Geek Squad from Best Buy - before they changed the terms this year. I have unlimited replacement, no deductible, no questions asked. The downside is that unless you make a big stink Best Buy replaces devices with refurbished. But so far after I water destroyed my Note 2 this year... no problems with the replacement. I do hear that now Best Buy limits the number of times you can replace per year... yeah you would think that with limits then they would also replace with a factory new device, or drop the price- Nope... good job Best Buy... drive your customers away....

~ScottGeek.
    Biggest issue for me is $150 deductible... I would rather use asurion through Verizon, $100 deductible, $5.18 per month. Cheaper monthly cost and lower deductible and covers loss or theft.

11-04-2013 08:53 AM
    Biggest issue for me is $150 deductible... I would rather use asurion through Verizon, $100 deductible, $5.18 per month. Cheaper monthly cost and lower deductible and covers loss or theft.

Can you get it even if you don't have Verizon?

11-04-2013 10:04 AM
    Can you get it even if you don't have Verizon?

I don't believe so. All the major carriers offer insurance, but the terms may be different

11-04-2013 10:51 AM
    I don't believe so. All the major carriers offer insurance, but the terms may be different

That sucks, $5 is cheap if it covers everything
    11-04-2013 02:40 PM
    That sucks, $5 is cheap if it covers everything
    It is insurance so it covers loss, theft, physical damage and water damage for $5.18. Extended warranty is another $3 or $8 if you get both.

http://support.verizonwireless.com/s...rotection.html

11-04-2013 03:05 PM

Yeah, I compared the two plans at the time and the Best Buy one was the clear choice for me (it's sad you can't the get the old plan I have anymore). $0 deductible @ 5.xx per month or $3xx one time charge. The only potential downside was the replacements are all refur'ed (in 30 years of having some kind of cell never had one lost or stolen ).

~ScottGeek
    11-04-2013 05:56 PM
    Yeah, I compared the two plans at the time and the Best Buy one was the clear choice for me (it's sad you can't the get the old plan I have anymore). $0 deductible @ 5.xx per month or $3xx one time charge. The only potential downside was the replacements are all refur'ed (in 30 years of having some kind of cell never had one lost or stolen ).

~ScottGeek
    Yeah best buy was the best before the change. The advantage of Verizon's asurion is that it covers the active phone on the line, even if you upgrade or whatever . Best Buy or square trade or similar covers the individual phone.

11-04-2013 06:34 PM
    I have never had insurance before, but I just got square trade from costco with my moto x.

$100 for 2 years protection w/$25 deducible (for a new phone) seemed to good to pass up. And up to 4 replacements, including a cash out option.

But I have zero and experience with square trade, has anyone else used them?

11-08-2013 04:06 PM