How to delete files from a failed App download

MrMLK

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
HI. I starts to download the new Thor game on my unrooted Note 2. When I started I had about 2GB free. It filed in the middle of the download with an inusfficant storage error.

Now my N2 is showing 500 MB free, and the app isn't showing up in the list of installed App. Play store also doesn't show it as installed. I tried rebooting to get Androind to delete the data file, but I am still at 500 MB.

Does anyone know where the install files are kept, and/or how I can delete them?

Thanks.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
HI. I starts to download the new Thor game on my unrooted Note 2. When I started I had about 2GB free. It filed in the middle of the download with an inusfficant storage error.

Now my N2 is showing 500 MB free, and the app isn't showing up in the list of installed App. Play store also doesn't show it as installed. I tried rebooting to get Androind to delete the data file, but I am still at 500 MB.

Does anyone know where the install files are kept, and/or how I can delete them?

Thanks.
It may be a file under the developer name in My Files. However, it also may not show up until it is done downloading. Did you download the Gameloft one?
One thing to keep in mind, these files we all download from Play are technically .zip files. Even though it says an app is xx MB or xx GB, it will be bigger once installed.

If all else fails, you can do a factory reset. That will clear out all your apps and allow you to start over.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance