Hi guys lately my note 2 is starting to slow down and drain the battery over night ? I have tried all I can think of reboot clear ram catch etc. Also turned of wifi and 3g over night. Here is a screen shot.

What is this mediaserver ? Thanks Ace
    11-09-2013 12:02 PM
    If you tap on it it will give examples of what apps are connected to it. I would try a reboot and just see what happens. Maybe media server RAM is just stuck. If that doesn't help, yes reboot into recovery and wipe cache.
    11-09-2013 12:08 PM
    Forgive me for being a daft. But I take it a reboot is just shutting it down and restart it. And how do you reboot in to recovery and wipe cache. This wont remove everything to factory settings ? when I find out how to it. Thanks Again..
    11-09-2013 01:07 PM
    Forgive me for being a daft. But I take it a reboot is just shutting it down and restart it. And how do you reboot in to recovery and wipe cache. This wont remove everything to factory settings ? when I find out how to it. Thanks Again..
    Yes a reboot is just turning it off then on. Rebooting into recovery is a little different.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...2-s3-tab2.html

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app
    11-09-2013 01:47 PM
    Click clear cache partition and it won't erase any user data.

11-09-2013 01:48 PM
    Mine benckmarks like 2k lower than it use to. Im gonna try a non sammy device next time
    11-09-2013 01:51 PM
    Thanks Golfdriver I got in to reboot and recovery and wiped the cache, using your helpful guide.
    Still using a lot of power up thought. this is what I get when I tap on mediasever.

At least its down 11% from earlier.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    11-09-2013 02:21 PM
    Your signal looks pretty bad, I am wondering if that is part of the issue. Other than that, I have no idea.

11-09-2013 02:25 PM
    Your signal looks pretty bad, I am wondering if that is part of the issue. Other than that, I have no idea.

Seems to be going alright today after leaving the battery out all night. Strange these note 2. Iv never had a problem with it in over a year but I have noticed a lot of user complain about this over night drain. Aw well its going alright for now.
    11-10-2013 10:23 AM
    Seems to be going alright today after leaving the battery out all night. Strange these note 2. Iv never had a problem with it in over a year but I have noticed a lot of user complain about this over night drain. Aw well its going alright for now.
    Keep us apprised.
    11-10-2013 10:28 AM
    Usually I only see mediaserver drain like that when I'm streaming Spotify, pandora, or the like. It's related to sounds the phone makes and playing audio. I have noticed drain like that on my s3 and note 2 and on both a factory reset took care of the problem when other stuff wasn't working. It's an oddball glitch that happens on occasion. My main notice of that thing was when an update kicked in. I delay updates until I notice what people start saying happens.

Sent from Xperia Note
    11-10-2013 03:46 PM