how to avoid the 4.3 update

Duard

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I have read enough reports of buggy behaviour, drained batteries, etc on JB 4.3 that I would prefer not to be an early adopter. I'm running 4.1.2 that isn't unlocked or rooted. Is there some setting that would inhibit the phone froom finding and loading this update?

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
There are no native settings to control OTA updates. Typically when there's an update available you'll get a notice and have the option to accept, defer, or reject. Deferring or rejecting will only delay the update for a certain time period. If you don't happen to catch the next prompt to defer or reject again, it will automatically try to download and install the update. The only way to fully stop this and give you some level of control requires that you root your phone and disable the OTA updater. See this thread on the specifics: http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...oting-roms-hacks/246010-stop-ota-updates.html

Frankly, IMO this is one area Android really needs to mature in and provide us more control without requiring root. Example: like in Microsoft Windows where you have the option to set OS software updates to: Automatic, Notify only, or Disable (manually install them if and when you want).

Gbsa

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
My phone is flashed to pageplus will I still get the update and if so will it break my flash?

sent from my fabulous galaxy note 2