09-26-2014 04:44 PM
152 1234 ...
tools
    Hi,
    I am using Kies to upgrade the firmware, as suggested by your post - but it is taking way too long.
    the download took around 10 hrs or more (maybe my slow internet connection)
    but since the last 6 hours the phone stuck in a screen with android green logo and message says "Downloading - Do not turn off target"
    the phone is connected to the system, the kies is on, but it is showing as device not connected.

I have done this twice since the last 2 days and the same thing both the time
    Not sure what to do now

any advice?, how long did it take for you to upgrade the firmware using Kies?
    12-05-2013 03:24 AM
    can I degrade the previous version
    12-05-2013 07:52 AM
    let me guess: the people claiming you can uninstall are ROOTED.
    It doesn't appear that one has to be rooted to uninstall KNOX. http://www.androidpit.com/how-to-uninstall-knox
    12-05-2013 09:06 AM
    It doesn't appear that one has to be rooted to uninstall KNOX. How to uninstall Knox - AndroidPIT
    good, because I'll be dumping it if that's the case. however, why are people not finding a way to uninstall, do you think??
    12-05-2013 03:56 PM
    It doesn't appear that one has to be rooted to uninstall KNOX. How to uninstall Knox - AndroidPIT
    My brother in law has the US Cellular Note 2 with the update. He did a factory reset, took the the firmware update, then did another factory reset and reset up his Note 2. He is STILL experiencing the battery drain issues. Thanks for the link, I am going to forward to him so he can take a stab at removing KNOX. +1
    12-06-2013 12:48 PM
    i too experience it,.how do i uninstall the knox,.wts the use any?,tnx
    12-06-2013 02:00 PM
    i too experience it,.how do i uninstall the knox,.wts the use any?,tnx
    See my post above, SRVCTEC posted a link explaining how to do it.
    12-06-2013 03:44 PM
    tnx bro,.hope it can it.,
    12-07-2013 02:32 AM
    Hi there.. I am from India and face the same situation. Used to be very happy with 4.1.2, just did the update as a normal procedure only to make my phone no better than a soap dish. The battery backup has declined considerably. The screen uses up battery like 40% as shown in gsam.

I am alsi looking at the remedy pointed by rishi. But please tell me how to do firmware upgrade after factory reset..? It wil show that I have latest firmware installed rite...please enlighten me...
    Thanks
    12-09-2013 04:53 AM
    KNOX is not installed on my phone when I open the KNOX app its asking me to install it. and more over I don't see that app in application manager. My Battery is hardly lasting for about 5 to 6 hrs after the update and when I check the battery usage it shows that most of it is used by screen.
    anon(8408674) likes this.
    12-09-2013 08:19 AM
    Lets me try this & check, if it works very grateful to you Rishi.
    12-10-2013 01:43 AM
    Hi,

I updated my Galaxy Note II (GT-N7100) via official 4.3 OTA update (India) and have been facing serious battery issues since then. I have tried the following:

Disabling/uninstalling apps that were not important.
    Uninstalled KNOX.
    Disabled WiFi scanning all the time.
    Changing display mode to Standard from 'Adapt'.
    Factory reset.

And everything basic - reboot/killing apps etc etc.

What are my options now?

HELP!!
    12-10-2013 05:22 AM
    Hi,

I updated my Galaxy Note II (GT-N7100) via official 4.3 OTA update (India) and have been facing serious battery issues since then. I have tried the following:

Disabling/uninstalling apps that were not important.
    Uninstalled KNOX.
    Disabled WiFi scanning all the time.
    Changing display mode to Standard from 'Adapt'.
    Factory reset.

And everything basic - reboot/killing apps etc etc.

What are my options now?

HELP!!

Complain immediately to your carrier. They need this type of feedback. get on the horn.
    12-10-2013 01:35 PM
    I am setting aside my anger at Samsung for now. (In the long run, I think I will never buy another Samsung phone.)

My phone is an S3 running stock 4.3 . It is "Knoxed." Currently, it is rooted. I cannot install Cyanogenmod.

First, what are my options to get rid of Knox, and, second, what are my options to get rid of this phone (short of throwing it in the garbage)?

My understanding is that I can uninstall Knox but then the bootloader is still nevertheless crippled by Knox and will not allow flashing a custom ROM. So, I can neither revert to 4.1.2 (without soft-bricking the phone) nor install a custom ROM. Is my understanding correct? Has anyone tried running the Cyanogenmod Installer app. on a Knoxed phone?

If I cannot uninstall a custom ROM, can I unroot? I would just sell this effing phone. Is there an easy way to unroot? In the past, I have just installed a stock ROM with Odin but that say softbrick the phone. Ugh. Eff Samsung, too.

I could wait a few more weeks to ditch this piece of crap S3 that was Knoxed. But the battery life is horrid. I would only wait if it were a reasonable bet that some clever dev could come up with something that would un-Knox phones.
    12-10-2013 02:43 PM
    Ok, can't say I have noticed the Battery issue yet, but I just updated yesterday, so I guess I will see in a Day or 2... Granted, I know my battery drains faster when I jump between coverage (No data, 3G, and 4G LTE), and the area I will be in later tonight will cause that so I don't know if I will find out about the battery issue for a few more days.

However, I did run into a problem with my Multi-Window (Multitask) bar disappearing. It appeared to have gone MIA for about 14 or 15 hours after I did the update. I also use to be able to turn the bar on and off but that functionality appears to be missing as well. I haven't had a chance to play around with all the changes yet, and so far I haven't had any problems with programs crashing, but I do have to go though and fix some of the settings I have for some things (like some of the linking I had for multiple contacts listed not working correctly now, or using the wrong contact for my favorite contact widget).

Guess I will find out more as I get a chance to use it.
    LD
    12-10-2013 02:48 PM
    Ever since updating my Galaxy Note 2 to 4.3 my battery has been draining very quickly as well. When I left home this morning at 8 am I was at 100%. It's now 11:30 and I am at 22%. WTH? I never used to have to charge my phone until around 8 pm in the evening because it would stay charged all day. Now I have to keep a charger with me. I have not made any other changes to the phone so I don't know what's going on.

Do I need to take the phone to Sprint so they can look at it?
    12-12-2013 10:29 AM
    Guys,

I noticed after the update that location services were turned off. After turning that off, my phone is back to normal. *Remember to turn off GPS tag in the camera as well. Hope this helps!
    12-16-2013 10:24 PM
    I am still facing the same issue since i hav eupdated to 4.3. , can anybody help me about this coz if it continue like this i feel like i have to change my batttery..

Regards
    Bhushan
    12-18-2013 01:25 PM
    Anyone that is having issues after doing the update, that didn't do a factory reset after the update, should factory reset.

I had a couple things not working, like the voice command "reject" for incoming calls, but "answer" would work, wakelocks were crazy , way too many and my battery was eating up.

I did a reset, "reject" works, wakelocks are better than normal and I just spent 7.5 hours online, constantly, intentionally, battery started at 90% and it's just now down to 15% and I'm charging.

I have always done a factory reset after every firmware upgrade. It just seems to correct a lot of things.

Posted via Android Central App
    12-18-2013 05:22 PM
    Ever since updating my Galaxy Note 2 to 4.3 my battery has been draining very quickly as well. When I left home this morning at 8 am I was at 100%. It's now 11:30 and I am at 22%. WTH? I never used to have to charge my phone until around 8 pm in the evening because it would stay charged all day. Now I have to keep a charger with me. I have not made any other changes to the phone so I don't know what's going on.

Do I need to take the phone to Sprint so they can look at it?
    I would do a reset and if it is still a problem, install this app and it will tell you which app is using up your battery.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...kelockdetector

Posted via Android Central App
    12-18-2013 05:25 PM
    Same issue here. i updated OTA (India) to 4.3 about 15 days ago. Battery started draining from day 1. Used to last about 2 days, now mere 15 hrs (from 100% to 3%). I uninstalled a lot of apps and turned off many features/location services (Google is the culprit), but still no improvement. Did a factory reset a week ago and reupdated as someone suggested. Nada. Then, yesterday i updated with kies 3 as kies 2.6 does not support the phone now. still nothing. I'Note 2: Battery Drain after 4.3 update-2013-12-19-21-58-04.pngm attaching a pic of battery status of last 15 hrs of normal usage (calls, whatsapp etc). Please help. Should i root?
    12-19-2013 10:52 AM
    I'm not sure what your issue is actually. 15 hours of battery is good unless you don't even touch the phone once during that 15 hours.

I would install this app from the play store and get a detailed view of what your phone is doing.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...kelockdetector
    12-19-2013 11:38 AM
    I am also facing battery drain issue, more over Knox is not installed on my phone, where as I am facing issues on charging also, using the original charger & cable, but it takes more than 10hrs to charge the phone & some times it don't charge when charger is connected...

Strange thing is, battery is draining like hell, I keep it 100% on night while sleeping & in morning its hardly 15-20% left, with no application running....

Consuming the battery while browsing on chrome (even on reading articles), I don't know what is wrong with 4.3 update, and now I am stucked, not getting any option to even downgrade it to 4.1

can anyone help.
    12-20-2013 03:12 AM
    Apologies I have posted this in another thread but is the same issues - does anyone have any answers yet:
    I also have been having horrendous issues since the update. I have sent this (copy below) email to Samsung support. Does anybody else have any suggestions re my app data restoration issues and not only did I supposedly back up with KIES I also used a third party program called Clean Master back up. That too only backed up the app installation files and none of the actual game save/progress data which is massively annoying.
    I also installed and uninstalled KNOX which had no effect and force stopping the various KNOX bits in Application Manager has had no effect either. Some restart anyway and you can't Disable the bl**dy things!

Any help would be much appreciated.
    Copy of my email to Samsung:
    Can someone please explain to me why following the 4.3 update from 4.1.2 on my Note 2 I have had nothing but problems..and it appears to be widespread amongst other users!!

Before I updated I used KIES to perform a full back up including calendar, applications, misc. files, settings, preferences etc. Once the update was complete I performed ANOTHER back up.

As with many other users I found the battery drain dreadful - even with data switched off, apps stopped - I tried many troubleshooting methods to no avail. So, as Samsung and other forums suggested I performed a factory reset as this was suggested and supposedly cleared the high battery drain and RAM usage.

However not only has this FAILED - my battery drained 30% overnight with all data, gps, screen etc switched off and to make matters worse and extremely annoying is that the back ups I had taken as described above also FAILED in that they did NOT restore my calendar, NOT restore the app DATA only the app installation files and NOT the actual saved game data, which means ALL my apps have been reset and I cannot find a way to get them back!! Plus other promotional apps I had which where ad-free on the day they were installed are now the ad-supported once re-installed from both the Back up and Play store.

I am bitterly disappointed and would like an explanation on how I can restore my lost game/calendar data and resolve this dreadful battery drain.
    12-20-2013 04:19 AM
    Yeah..I have an answer, see above. Do a reset, if that doesn't work, the app that will tell you what is draining your battery.
    Paul Ackers likes this.
    12-20-2013 06:28 AM
152 1234 ...