09-26-2014 04:44 PM
152 ... 4567
tools
    Hi All!

I created an account on this website just so i could share how I improved my Note 2's battery (quite drastically) after the update.

Below is a list of the settings I changed on my phone and everything else I did. I stopped charging it at 8.30 this morning, its now 10pm and I still have 61% charge!

Settings - (Connections) - make sure NFC, S Beam, and Nearby Devices are off
    - (My device) - S Pen - Air view - battery saving on
    - Smartscreen - smart stay off
    - Motion - should be off
    - Display - auto adjust screen tone on
    - (More) - location services - access my location off

Apps - (samsung apps) - home key to get settings pop up - auto updates off
    - push notifications off
    - app update notifications off

(google settings) - location - access location off
    ads - opt out of interest-based ads ticked

(play store) - home key to get settings - notifications unchecked
    - auto-update apps ( do not auto-update)
    - auto-add widgets unchecked

Go on the home screen, press the apps thing, then at the top go to widgets. Add 'active apps manager' to your homescreen somewhere. On this you can close down all apps. Every once in a while, go on it and press 'RAM - clear memory.' This will help save battery.

I also turned my phone off for a good 20 minutes when it was on low battery (around 15%). Apparently this helps if you haven't turned your phone off since the update.

I hope this helps! I don't use this website so I can't promise I'll reply to any questions, but hope this helps someone!
    01-08-2014 04:03 PM
    Sure this helps but it helps for all cases. Not a direct solution for our case. But till a permanent solution this seems the only way. Thank you very much for gathering everything up for us. Till then I'll do these changes.

p.s.: If you updated to 4.3 and never do any other update, do not!! My note 2 said I need a security update after few days I installed 4.3 and foolishly I clicked yes. Now all the methods that worked for others to remove Knox or downgrade to 4.1.2. are failing for me, because Knox keep blocking all my ways including all my root attempts. What I have is a warranty voided note 2. (4.3 released around December 31 in Turkey, and the other notice came around January 4 or 5.)
    01-09-2014 09:07 AM
    This sorted everything for me:

http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/01...view-and-more/

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk
    01-10-2014 01:24 PM
    Hi,

I am talking about the official update released by Samsung in India.

I have noticed a significant battery drain after the 4.3 update compared to 4.1.2

The type of usage has remained same throughout.
    Did you restore? It maybe some apps doing "wrong"...
    I never restore after update and so far didn't have any issues, being it Samsung, Sony or Motorola device...
    Clean install is the best, but takes a small bit of time, depends how many apps you have...
    01-17-2014 08:04 AM
    Hi guys ...I have been experiencing the same battery drain issue like you guys....
    @rishi or anyone can you guys tell me how to factory reset 》update from kies》 factory reset... Wouldn't it be like Square one. .??

My battery survives 13 hours only that too on 2g..and a minimal use..
    01-17-2014 02:01 PM
    Hey, I also have the same problem with my NOTE 2 after the software update from 4.1 to 4.3. The battery is draining extremely fast on normal use. I play high end games that are require heavy battery consumption on my phone and never experienced the need to charge my phone during the day. Now it's draining 1% every 5 minutes just resting on the table. The android battery app says 83%- Not charging, 3h 44m on battery. I uninstalled knox and all it's services except one (com.knox.servicemanager) using Rom Toolbox. I force closed it cuz uninstall option wasn't available. That didn't help. I think the only solution would be to go back to 4.1.
    01-18-2014 12:17 PM
    I have the same exact issue. I factory reset my phone and nothing. I hope someone will find the solution. My friend has the same phone and had the latest update but she doesnt have this problem. It suckss!!
    01-22-2014 10:02 PM
    Since I updated to 4.3 ive noticed that Google maps are extremely delayed . It takes forever to start the route, even after closing the program and restarting. Ive had to pull out the garmin several times. This is ridiculous. Any recommendations? Anyone.
    01-23-2014 11:45 PM
    Hi All

Last week I called to samsung call center india, they advised to do some necessary changes as below :-

setting- more- pplication manager- running- show cahed processes/show serices in use (stop as max as apps you can).
    Do it twice/thrice in a day.
    My phone battery has good back up now.

hope this change may help you.

Keep the fingure cross !!!!
    01-29-2014 12:46 AM
    I finally turned off ALL of the Samsung bloat that I could and my battery life seems to have recovered.
    01-29-2014 10:15 AM
    I am also facing the similar problem bro ! Also for the knox it says to install it. Did you find any solution for the problem..??
    01-30-2014 01:31 PM
    I,m having same problem with severe battery drain since 4.3 upgrade. I don't have KNOX? app what is is? anyone thanks
    02-05-2014 04:32 PM
    Is Samsung EVER going to fix this? This is just ridiculous. I lose 30% in a few hours without even doing anything on my phone. I shouldn't have to jump through hoops to "solve" this issue. Has there been nay further pressure to get Samsung to do something?
    02-05-2014 05:22 PM
    Hi Guys,
    The issue is solved without any workaround!
    Till yesterday I was also suffering from this issue. After a 4.3 firmware upgrade suddenly the battery life of my phone deteriorated like anything. I did a lot of searching aroung on the various forums, and found out that for my phone, the location service that came with the latest 4.3 update had a problem and was the culprit eating up the battery. I of course unchecked that option in my settings and the battery life became almost similar to how it was before the 4.3 upgrade. Please note it became "almost simliar", not perfect!
    Of course there are options of unchecking various push notification, NFC et all, but whats the use of a 40 grand smart phone if you have to keep these settings off? I also lived with location services "checked-off" for close to 2 months, crying inside because I am a regular on various apps that use location service.
    Anyhow day before yesterday (in India), I got a firmware upgrade message but as the upgrade service had already exceeded the over the air roll outs, it asked me to use Kies for the upgrade. Likewise, I did the upgrade last night and voila! the battery is perfect. I left my home in the morning at 8 am with 100 % battery, and with a more than average usage the battery is 94% after 2 and a half hours!
    Do let me know if you have any specific questions.
    Cheers!
    02-13-2014 10:57 PM
    How did u do tht?? M suffering with batt drain since Upgrading my software..
    02-15-2014 04:45 PM
    Which concludes that there is a 'bug' regarding battery drainage if there is a firmware update that resolves the issue. Of course, now there's the question if we'll see the patch here in other countries.
    02-16-2014 09:43 PM
    Problem fixed!
    I had the same issue. I am using Note 2 with 4.3 update. After reading all the posts of this thread, I installed "Battery Life Repair" from Google play. After the first run It found an issue and asked my permission to fix it. Just one click and it was fixed. I am not even kidding you. As good as new. Thanks goes to the developer of that free, nice app.

Hope this will help to someone.
    03-08-2014 03:40 AM
    Hi Guys,
    The issue is solved without any workaround!
    Till yesterday I was also suffering from this issue. After a 4.3 firmware upgrade suddenly the battery life of my phone deteriorated like anything. I did a lot of searching aroung on the various forums, and found out that for my phone, the location service that came with the latest 4.3 update had a problem and was the culprit eating up the battery. I of course unchecked that option in my settings and the battery life became almost similar to how it was before the 4.3 upgrade. Please note it became "almost simliar", not perfect!
    Of course there are options of unchecking various push notification, NFC et all, but whats the use of a 40 grand smart phone if you have to keep these settings off? I also lived with location services "checked-off" for close to 2 months, crying inside because I am a regular on various apps that use location service.
    Anyhow day before yesterday (in India), I got a firmware upgrade message but as the upgrade service had already exceeded the over the air roll outs, it asked me to use Kies for the upgrade. Likewise, I did the upgrade last night and voila! the battery is perfect. I left my home in the morning at 8 am with 100 % battery, and with a more than average usage the battery is 94% after 2 and a half hours!
    Do let me know if you have any specific questions.
    Cheers!
    could you take a screenshot of the ( seeting/more/about device )
    i am looking for take a look at baseband and kernel version
    03-28-2014 07:27 AM
    I am having the same problem Even my case is worse... I deal with all kinds of web developments and my main prospective is to be online via Emails and messengers to communicate with my international clients frequently. But after the update using Wifi my phone gives me 2 hours of backup. I have to plugged in charger all the time.. I am not sure if this phone is worth anymore for me,,,,
    04-24-2014 03:39 AM
    my note 2 jsut started going on.. like i press the lock button on the side and after a few seconds it turns right back on by itself. did all the resets there is to do but none helped. turn certain things off but nothing .. used wakelock app and it says that there is a powermanagerservice.display ... what is that.. is there a way i can fix this.. its really bugging me
    05-10-2014 05:57 PM
    The problem solved with kitkat update. Wait for it, guys.

Posted via Android Central App for my lovely BB10
    05-20-2014 02:24 AM
    Attachment 94380Attachment 94381

This are what the wakelocks look like now.
    I think my problem has been solved, regained the awesome battery life of 4.1.2

Others can try this too and share their observations.

All I did was follow this sequence Factory reset->firmware upgrade->factory reset before use.
    06-06-2014 12:16 PM
    The KitKat 4.4.2 upgrade made it worst.
    cannot connect to WiFi it only says Saved, Secure while everybody in the house can. They are all using iPhones. Before the upgrade all is doing fine.

Battery life went bad to worst.

Can I just go back to JellyBean? Any steps?
    09-25-2014 11:46 PM
    I've been a fan of Android since it was launched but after these troubles I think I'll switch to iPhones this year at least I can connect to the WiFi, send SMS, make calls without any dramas. #disappointed
    09-25-2014 11:51 PM
    LOL! Like iPhones have zero problems...check out the Apple Discussion boards.
    srvctec likes this.
    09-26-2014 12:58 PM
152 ... 4567