i manually checked for update this morning and to my surprise 4.3 update was available (baseband i317mvlucmk5). so far it seems abit quicker/snappier, could be my imagination. my battery has been draining quicker than usual but that could be because ive been exploring/navigating quite a bit to see if there are any new features.

one thing i have noticed is lockscreen weather widget is no longer there or available or i am a complete ***** and cannot get it to work or appear.
    JF MTL likes this.
    11-26-2013 01:13 PM
    i am suggesting you to try the new app: Chronus
    give it a try ! it will work also on your lockscreen.
    11-27-2013 09:26 PM
    Man I have noticed that the lock screen is a all around disappointment now. They have gotten rid of all of the lock screen features.
    No weather widget, no quick app row, no news ticker, no swipe to bring up pin pad.
    Not impressed with any of it really.

Sent from my Note 2 using Tapatalk 4
    11-27-2013 10:04 PM
    Man I have noticed that the lock screen is a all around disappointment now. They have gotten rid of all of the lock screen features.
    No weather widget, no quick app row, no news ticker, no swipe to bring up pin pad.
    Not impressed with any of it really.

Are you sure or is it just turned off in settings? 4.3 was to hring even more capability not less to the lockscreen. Check and please report back. The update may have just set the settings to off for lockscreen apps.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2
    11-27-2013 11:52 PM
    I have attached some screen shots of the current lock screen settings with 4.3
    They are all in order from the lock screen setting with pin entry.
    There are less options then before. No weather, ticker, row of apps.
    I would take a screen shot of the lock screen itself if I was able to. All that is, is a number pad. You turn the screen of the phone on and the number pad instantly pops up. No more true lock screen with the weather update, nice row of some current news, and instant access to some of my favorite apps.
    Personally I used these features everyday and I find it frustrating now.

11-28-2013 07:05 AM
    i agree the new lockscreen is fubar'd. samsung messed it completely up. less efficient, not intuitive at all. i installed dashclock as an alternative, but imo that is bs, there is no reason to have to install something else to make it work the way it should.
    11-28-2013 02:32 PM
    Yeah. I am not impressed. I am trying my hardest to find a download file for my carriers OS back to 4.1.2 but haven't had any luck yet. Every time I unlock my Note now it's depressing. ...

11-28-2013 03:18 PM
    IDK if it trips counter, but you should be able to goto sammobile firmware download your carriers 4.1.2 and flash via odin. ive also thought about this option
    11-28-2013 05:44 PM
    I just checked out sammobile. I didn't manage to find anything for Rogers Wireless. Just for AT&T. I don't think I am quite ready to mess around with Odin and such. But honestly, I am going to try and figure it out this weekend. I need to go back to 4.1.2.
    Thanks for sharing the info.

11-28-2013 08:32 PM
    upon further research, i would suggest sucking it up for the time being, i havent read about or found anything about a downgrade to 4.1.2 working. i read alot about possible bricking your phone. so hang tight hopefully samsung fixes this mess

another bug i have noticed is the led notification. when i get one sms message the notification works fine, but if i get another one before reading the first one the notification goes/turns off. can anyone confirm or test? or am i just retarded
    11-28-2013 09:47 PM
    Thanks OP for this thread. Im on TELUS as well and noticed this morning there was an update etc. I quickly cancelled it as my note2 with 412 is working good so far. I WAS looking forward to updating, however Im thinking i shouldnt bother.
    11-29-2013 05:21 PM
    Thanks OP for this thread. Im on TELUS as well and noticed this morning there was an update etc. I quickly cancelled it as my note2 with 412 is working good so far. I WAS looking forward to updating, however Im thinking i shouldnt bother.
    Damn....I am so jealous for you. Wanna trade phones?

almath likes this.
    11-29-2013 05:34 PM
    Can anyone tell me if the S Pen features are updated to work like on the Note 3 in the 4.3 update or changes to S Note?
    11-29-2013 06:32 PM
    I have honestly not noticed any different spen features.
    I might be missing something though.

11-29-2013 06:45 PM
    I believe when I played with the Note 3, if you hold down the S Pen button and hold the Pen above the screen and don't touch the screen, the Pinwheel comes up with the different options for the S Pen. May have to touch screen though, not sure if I got that part right.
    11-29-2013 07:00 PM
    Damn....I am so jealous for you. Wanna trade phones?

Lol So the advice to me from most everyone here is to NOT DO it???

Sent from my SGH-I317M using AC Forums mobile app
    11-29-2013 07:02 PM
    I believe when I played with the Note 3, if you hold down the S Pen button and hold the Pen above the screen and don't touch the screen, the Pinwheel comes up with the different options for the S Pen. May have to touch screen though, not sure if I got that part right.
    I just tried that and nothing happened. Went through the Spen settings again too and didn't find anything.

11-29-2013 07:18 PM
    Lol So the advice to me from most everyone here is to NOT DO it???

Sent from my SGH-I317M using AC Forums mobile app
    I would not recommend it. Both my wife and I have updated to 4.3 and have been disappointed. Battery life is terrible now, features taken away...etc.

11-29-2013 07:19 PM
    I just tried that and nothing happened. Went through the Spen settings again too and didn't find anything.

Thanks, that's what I was hoping would be in the update, but I guess no dice. I actually like my device the way it is. Not sounding like I'm going to like this update either. I might have to try to root.
    11-29-2013 07:25 PM
    I was hoping for the air command view as well. Or even maybe the scrap book jazz.
    O well, hopefully they will have all those features and then some in the Note 4.

11-29-2013 10:33 PM